Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.9

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Was in between face washes...using something that was 'ok' but I was almost out of it but not wanting to spend the $$ on my normal cleanser just yet. I figured what better time to try this product. It's convenient to find and very affordable. I read the back of the bottle and it seemed like it would be good to my skin in this cold, Chicago winter. I have combination skin and don't have any major skin issues. After reading the reviews on here I couldn't wait to see what my OWN experience would be. After two weeks of faithfully using this product I can say that, like many on here, I am not thrilled. Not at all. I like the fresh smell, like the typical face wash texture...but that's about it. For two weeks I used this, morning & night, ...with my Clarisonic Mia...and my skin is slightly worse than when I started. The only problem I was having at that time was dryness and a rough patch or two on my cheeks which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been estranged from my Clarisonic for going on 3 weeks. Anyhow, I may as well had of washed my face with the dishwashing liquid sitting on my sink... it actually smells similar. I hadn't even gotten through week one when I started getting small bumps. I thought that maybe it was just....idk what I thought....but I kept using it to make SURE it wasn't just me being too eager. By the end of the second week not only has my skin broken out but it is still dry. Not dry like the product dried my face out, dry like it didn't help the dryness already going on. And yes, I moisturize. Sooooo, summing it up, I think i'll trash this. I don't want to keep it and, a few months from now, forget why I didn't like it. I already made the trip to Ulta to buy it's replacement, my trusty Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't understand all the mixed reviews - this product is awesome! The substance is gel-like and unscented, which didn't irritate my skin at all! :) I used to use this alongside with my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Treatment and moisturizer and my skin became much clearer. However, I had to knock a lippie (is that what you call them?) because it leaves a slightly sticky, unclean-ish feel when I rinse it off, and the full size bottle is quite pricy for me. The pump fell out after I accidentally dropped it , but the fault was mine and not the product's, lol c: Overall, AWESOME! I'm going to try its "Gentle Skin Cleanser" counterpart soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the kind of cleanser that has mixed reviews. Some of them don't like them, while some of them love this and stay using this for years (like some of my family).

For me, this is quite nice, it doesn't make break outs (of course), makes my skin less oily, and has a nice clean scent.

The downside is that this can be a little bit irritating (sometimes, especially if my skin is flaky that day, but of course, because it's formulated for oily skin--my skin type is oily but sometimes flaky). If you have sensitive skin or a bit flaky skin like mine, be careful not to use too much.

Overall it's quite nice and decent, in case of emergency (like my current facial cleanser ran out or I forgot to carry my cleanser) this cleanser is useful because the fact that it can be found in most drugstores

on 7/6/2012 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

A good cleanser...gentle as it says...my skins feels clean and soft after using it but I miss the 'squeaky clean' feeling that Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash gives that Cetaphil doesn't. After using Cetaphil I feel like my skin is almost still somewhat oily after using since I have oily/dry skin. However, I think this cleanser is perfect for persons with dry or sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG cleanser . I use to use the gentle cleanser then my cousin told me to switch to this cause i have oily skin .. within a week i started to notice my skin looking GREAT .. less oiler and less bumps. it is alittle bit more drying but nothing too bad .. i would recommend this product to every one with acne prone skin and oily skin

on 7/26/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this item for my 14 year old daughter to use as a facial cleanser. She used it for about three weeks and we noticed her normally clear skin was a wreck! I thought it was because she wasn't not cleaning her face properly, but she insisted she was. I told her to stop using the product and she began using the Clarisonic nourishing care cleanser (orange tube) again. Her face cleared right up!
That aroused my suspicions, since I know Cetaphil has a reputation for being gentle on skin, particularly sensitive skin. Not wanting to waste a bottle that was over half full, I decided I would use the product. My normal skin, almost on the dry side. I have the opposite...oily and prone to breakouts. When I finished using up my Clarisonic cleanser (daily refreshing gel, blue tube), I began to use the Cetaphil. I didn't notice anything right away. I use a Clarisonic brush with the sensitive brush head. It removed my makeup (foundation, eyeshadow) to my satisfaction. I don't wear waterproof mascara and I have to admit that I use the Kirkland brand facial towels to as the initial way to remove makeup before I use any cleanser.
It did not leave a greasy film on my face. The scent was light, not something that bothered me. I used about two pumps on my brush. It actually lathered better than I thought it would.
I was satisfied...until I noticed more than the average number of pimples sprouting on my face! In less than a week, my face went from 98% clear to major breakout.
I get a few pimples during the month due to hormones, but this was ridiculous. I developed pimples on areas of my face I never get pimples...multiple pimples at that!
Now I knew there was a problem...I looked closely at the ingredients at I found the culprit...masking fragrance! My face HATES cleansers and moisturizers with fragrance. It will revolt very quickly if the product has any type of fragrance. I made the assumption that because Cetaphil was so gentle, it must not have fragrance.
I reluctantly threw the remaining cleanser away. I have to look at the ingredients more carefully next time.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Personally, many of the oily skin cleansers I have purchased either dry out my skin or do not have any lasting effects. This cleanser keeps my skin oil free throughout the day and night. The product easily removes make up and oil with just one wash!

on 3/8/2008 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

i love this product!!! i tend to break out a lot and every since i have started to use the cleanser my pimples have disapeared! it also doesnt dry my skin out as most products do especially in the winter. it has a nice smell to it which i know to most people is important. my friend is very picky about smells and this product passed with flying colours smell-wise to her. also i paid about 18$(canadian) for it and it is almost as big as my shampoo bottle so i dont anticipate having to replace it anytime soon. this product must be tried by all with acne issues because it can work magic.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My HG cleanser in the Fall / Winter months. I am on topical acne meds for my face and during the dryer, colder months, Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin cleanser harmonizes beautifully with both meds my Dermatologist has me on. (Now, this stuff is totally ineffective for me in the spring /summer months, however, when my oil glands are in overdrive. During hotter months, I switch to my HG spring / summer cleanser with the salycilc acid (the active ingredient in Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash). However, during the Fall / Winter months, there is nothing else that I have found that works quite as well as this stuff with my topical acne meds. It's gentle when I need it most, which is during the fall / winter months. Oh, and I also clean the brushes I use for my mineral makeup with this product...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have tried the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser before and it was too gentle on my oily skin. I could barely feel that it washed away any residues. BUt, Luckily that i tried this Normal to Oily Cleanser. This is the best drug store cleanser that I have ever tried.(I have oily ,breakout-prone skin). It removes my foundation (not waterproof or long-lasting foundation, just the regular one and I use a seperate eye makeup remover for my mascara.) and doesn't dry me out. I got a very clean feeling after every wash. I found that this cleanser is as gentle as the Fresh cleanser(the one with cucumber smell), but with a little extra washing power that can remove my oil. And, this cleanser doesn't dry me out as the Purpose cleanser did before. I guess it just works for my skin type better than the other two. As other reviewers mentioned, the smell is horrible, but it works so good on me that I will keep buying.