Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

ive used this on and off for a couple of years. i decided to come back to it because i was starting to break out again. thank goodness this cleanser is around. it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin but definitely cleans and helps get rid of those breakouts. i think i will be sticking with it this time... except during the winter when my skin gets really dry... ill go back to the original formula.

on 10/15/2003 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this product! My dermatologist recommended it. No, it does not lather. It's not supposed to lather. No, it's not a makeup remover, that's not its intent. What it is is a great cleanser for those prone to acne and are using topical treatments to combat the acne. Other reviewers mentioned the product leaves a film. Well, you need to rinse well with the product. After, you have very refreshed, clean skin.

on 9/27/2004 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It cleans well but burns the eyes too much for me to continue use. The fragrance is very strong!

I've switched to the Target generic version, which cleans the same but is gentler on the eyes with less fragrance.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a few months. I use it at night to take off my makeup. I use this and rotate it with Biore Cleanser at night. The fragrance is a little more than I would want, but I've gotten use to it because of the results I've gotten with it. The price is also very good.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I picked this one up by accident instead of my regular Cetaphil and figured "why not?". Big mistake - I broke out along the jawline shortly after starting this and I never had that problem with the regular Cetaphil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone skin that is also sensitive and often dry. I really love this stuff. It fully removes makeup and oil but it doesnt strip my skin. There is no smell and one bottle lasts for a really long time. I haven't had any trouble with this face cleanser breaking me out. I hugely recomend it, it is my HG face wash.

on 1/7/2007 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the one product I can't live without! I have very sensitive, allergy-prone skin with rosacea, and some perimenopausal acne thrown in just to keep me on my toes. I find this cleanser to be as gentle as I need it to be for my skin, but strong enough to remove my makeup and leave my skin very clean (neither of which Cetaphil's other product, the Gentle Skin Cleanser, does for me). Like many other reviewers, I wish the fragrance weren't so strong and perfumey. For those with normal-acting skin, I can understand that none of Cetaphil's products would seem particularly noteworthy, but for many of us with rosacea and/or allergy-prone skin, this is the only stuff we can let near our face! continued >>

on 1/21/2007 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used to use the gentle cream cleanser in the winter because my skin got so dry and is very sensitive, but somewhere in year 31 I developed oily skin that still gets dry in the winter. I decided to try t his. I LOVE it. I still think that cetaphil is a little expensive for drug store cleanser, but this work well, removed my makeup, doesn't strip or irritate my skin, and helps with the oilies.
I am very pleased that I switched to this version.

on 3/23/2007 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

ewww! this stuff is aweful! read the ingredients first! i bought it to try and washed my hands with it first to see how i liked it. it was drying and smelled so aweful i couldn't get passed it. the small alone would probably give me a rash and nearly nocked me out. i couldn't get the smell to go away! i definitely don't want my face smelling like that. there are better products out there so don't buy this!! stick to more natural stuff! i know docs recommend it, but they all into chemicals and not into natural. trust me, this stuff is yuck!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff was horrid. It's like a commericial grade bleach!!!!! Sure, it gets rid of everything on your face.... including it's ability to fend off pimples!!!! I broke out really bad after two days of using this and it burned my skin. I actually didn't mind the smell, but it's loaded with NONO sulfates and bad soap ingredients for anyone with sensitive skin, when Cetaphil is supposedly suppose to be oh-so gentle.