Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've used this face wash for many years. I have sensitive/acne-prone skin and this cleanser doesn't seem to aggravate any new breakouts. It smells good, kind of medicinally, and I like that is actually forms a lather. One caveat is that it doesn't really remove makeup that well. You'll want to use a separate makeup remover before this if you wear foundation or mascara. Other than that, I recommend this if you have sensitive skin and need a basic daily face wash.

on 3/2/2018 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of a gentle, effective and economically priced facial cleanser and came across Cetaphil at Ulta. In the past, I have used Purity, Peter Thomas Roth, and a few others but thought all of them were too expensive for just cleansing. I use this with my Clarisonic and get great - if not better results than higher priced cleansers. Cetaphil is extremely gentle around the eye area and I experienced no stinging whatsoever. It removed my makeup easily and left my skin incredibly soft. My tween son loves it too as it doesn't strip his skin and the package doesn't look "girly". I believe the 16 oz bottle was under $15 and because it's not a prestige brand, I was able to apply their $3.50 coupon from their monthly mailing to it bringing the price down to $11. A great deal and great results!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 6/10/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product was prescribed to me about a year ago by a dermatologist to help with my mild acne. It definitely works! My skin has cleared up dramatically from using this along with another topical ointment prescribed by my dermatologist. I haven't used another cleanser since - I really like this one. It helps keep pimples at bay and my face always feels very clean and refreshed after using it. There is definitely an obvious scent to this cleanser, but that doesn't bother me considering all the many benefits I get from using it.

The Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Face Wash is pretty good too. My sister uses that, and I've tried it before when mine ran out. Overall though, I've repurchased the Daily Facial Cleanser many times, and will continue to do so. I have no interest in trying out other cleansers as I believe I've found my HG with this. :)

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail cleanser; however, this has caused my skin to act weird. Sometimes my skin feels tight and feels slightly irritated if I use too much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, I like cerevae a little more but cetaphil is a little more readily available. Consistency is very light, feels amazing on my skin, and is very light. Great product but if you have acne prone skin, you need to add something after this. This is unmedicated and just makes your face feel clean.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dried my skin out by.

on 8/22/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: I had been using it for years without issue until 2015. Kept my skin clear of cystic acne on its own, removed every last stitch of my makeup efficiently & didn't dry me out. Cons: none of the above is true for this product anymore. I never even realized it, but this product doesn't get the makeup off completely!! I am using the same foundation & powder I have been for 2 years. With my most recent purchase of Cetaphil, my face started breaking out rapidly. I attributed this to my stress level, hormones changing, etc. but one thing was undeniably true: every time I removed my eye makeup, a little foundation from my cheeks ended up on the tissue. Curious, I tried my makeup remover on my face and sure enough, my face wasn't clean. Since I have started this routine of following up my first face wash with the makeup remover? No more acne. No other changes in stress level or diet either that I can attribute to this change so quickly. Word of caution to the wise: this 10-year user of Cetaphil will sadly be moving on! :(

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.