Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 6/10/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product was prescribed to me about a year ago by a dermatologist to help with my mild acne. It definitely works! My skin has cleared up dramatically from using this along with another topical ointment prescribed by my dermatologist. I haven't used another cleanser since - I really like this one. It helps keep pimples at bay and my face always feels very clean and refreshed after using it. There is definitely an obvious scent to this cleanser, but that doesn't bother me considering all the many benefits I get from using it.

The Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Face Wash is pretty good too. My sister uses that, and I've tried it before when mine ran out. Overall though, I've repurchased the Daily Facial Cleanser many times, and will continue to do so. I have no interest in trying out other cleansers as I believe I've found my HG with this. :)

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail cleanser; however, this has caused my skin to act weird. Sometimes my skin feels tight and feels slightly irritated if I use too much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, I like cerevae a little more but cetaphil is a little more readily available. Consistency is very light, feels amazing on my skin, and is very light. Great product but if you have acne prone skin, you need to add something after this. This is unmedicated and just makes your face feel clean.

Dried my skin out by.

on 8/22/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: I had been using it for years without issue until 2015. Kept my skin clear of cystic acne on its own, removed every last stitch of my makeup efficiently & didn't dry me out. Cons: none of the above is true for this product anymore. I never even realized it, but this product doesn't get the makeup off completely!! I am using the same foundation & powder I have been for 2 years. With my most recent purchase of Cetaphil, my face started breaking out rapidly. I attributed this to my stress level, hormones changing, etc. but one thing was undeniably true: every time I removed my eye makeup, a little foundation from my cheeks ended up on the tissue. Curious, I tried my makeup remover on my face and sure enough, my face wasn't clean. Since I have started this routine of following up my first face wash with the makeup remover? No more acne. No other changes in stress level or diet either that I can attribute to this change so quickly. Word of caution to the wise: this 10-year user of Cetaphil will sadly be moving on! :(

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have adult hormonal acne. I use retin-a micro at night and clindamycin lotion in the morning. This face wash makes my skin feel tight and dry. Also, the fragrance is strong and perfumey. Cetaphil's gentle cleansing lotion is MUCH better for acne skin than this daily face wash. But I still prefer Neutrogena oil-free face wash with salicylic acid.