Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

on 6/11/2001 8:24:00 PM

Cetaphil's Cleanser for Oily Skin is my skincare holy grail! I have sensitive, combination skin which is prone to breakouts. This cleanser does not dry me out and is very gentle and soothing. It takes off all my makeup (I *gently* rub my eyelashes). I love this cleanser!

on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leaves a film on my face, hate the consistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

on 8/4/2002 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was strong and it left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. Not so good. I agree with the reviewer a bit below me, in that I would also strongly rec. Sage's Facial Shampoo over this.

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

on 10/13/2002 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing some good things about this, I decided to try it. What a waste of money! I really wanted to like it and tried it for a few months. It smells really really gross, kind of medicinal and sweet at the same time. I never felt it cleaned my face well enough and sometimes it left a layer of residue. The worst part was that it made me break out! I usually have only a few zits, so this really bothered me. I eliminated different things and it turned out to be this horrible stuff! I am still trying to clear up the damage this junk did. Do not buy it! I wish I could give it a negative score! I like my oil of olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin sooo much better!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I was younger, I had been an on and off user of the Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cethaphil. So as I got older, I started to experience breakouts. So I decided to try the Oily Skin Cleanser (with 5% benzoyle). Compared to my other cleansers that contain (2% salicylic acid), it really did not work as well. Maybe because benzoyl doesn't work well for me, or the product itself doesn't live up to its promises. I really didn't get any results from using this. It made my skin generally soft, and wasn't to bad with oil slicks, but it still didn't help treat or prevent breakouts. It's also a bit pricy for the minimal amount of things it does for your skin. If you don't have reocurrent flare-ups, but have oily skin, this wouldn't be such a bad choice. I would use it in conjunction with the moisturizer.

on 9/14/2003 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this works best if you use this with a washcloth! it gets all the makeup off completely, esp. eye makeup. Use a really soft washcloth with it, and rub it in small circles, and u'll be amazed at how soft ur skin is afterwards! i use this with aveeo skin brightening lotion afterwards, and my skin looks like it did when i was 10! healthy!

on 9/17/2003 3:02:00 PM

I bought this because I have great results with the original Cetaphil cleanser. Plus I wanted something I can use in the shower (the original cleanser is not good to use during showers). It's a clear, liquidy soap that doesn't lather very well. I noticed that I can get better foam if I wash my hands first before lathering the cleanser. A lot of people complain about its scent but I didn't notice it at all. I've already finished a bottle but I'm still not used to the feel of my face after washing! My face feel greasy when I touch it, but when I test my skin for dirt or makeup residue, I find none! It is a bit drying but not as much as other cleanser I used to own. I've already repurchased the cleanser and I will continue to buy this.