Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 6/10/2001 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Cool

I didn't like this cleanser at all! I have combo skin and wanted to get something a little stronger than regular Cetaphil for the summer. It dried out my face and made it all red and itchy. The smell really bothered me too, it was very strong.

on 10/1/2001 3:22:00 PM

A great gentle cleanser for oily skin. I rotate this one in my routine often when my skin is in need of clearing up.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P

on 3/20/2003 10:20:00 PM

Another recommendation by my Dr. after really screwing up my skin by using AHA's and BHA's too often. Works wonderfully! True, the smell is rather odd, but I don't find it that unpleasant. It gets all my makeup off (though I should mention that I don't wear a ton) without stripping my skin or leaving a film. It foams only very slightly, so those who like a lot of lather may be dissapointed.
Dr.'s must recommend this stuff for a reason. I can't imagine that one could go through a gagillion years of school and not know something. C'mon! Be honest, when have you ever heard a Dermatologist recommend LaMer or Remede, or even Paula's Choice! You haven't (although it is worth mentioning that I showed my Dr. Paula's 8% AHA and she said it was a fine product, just use it keeping your skin type in mind. She recommended using it every other day for sensitive skin). From now on, I'll be going with the products my Dr. recommends. continued >>

on 3/20/2003 10:24:00 PM

on 3/20/2003 10:42:00 PM

I have been using this since may 2002, and it never broke me out. My skin can be crazy! It's all normal, when suddenly out of nowhere i can wake up with a pimple under my skin. Since i began using this, i noticed a lot less of those nasty little morning "surprises". Removes makeup and eye-makeup nicely!

A foaming cleanser that removes makeup without being too harsh. Good in the summer. Leaves a matte finish for a long time on my oily t-zone. Now that it is winter, I have gone back to Eve Lom and REN. If you have oily or combo skin, give it a try - only $4.

on 4/11/2003 1:10:00 PM

I should have looked more closely when I bought this product. Why would they put CASTOR OIL in a product for oily skin?! I would wash my face in the morning and my nose would still be oily! And forget about removing makeup! I used it for a few weeks because I felt bad about wasting it, but after a horrible breakout it just had to go!

on 8/5/2003 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A bottle of this lasts a long time. I'm trying to use it up before buying something new. Maybe I'll start using it to clean my brushes like a previous reviewer so that I *can* try something new. ;) Decent cleansing power, non-foamy, doesn't smell too bad, didn't break me out or overdry my oily skin. Mediocre in my opinion. I don't love it enough to repurchase, but I'd use it again in a pinch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have combination skin and a lot of acne but when i tried this since my mom swears by it for her sensitive skin i broke out in horrible, huge, painful zits after only using it 2 times! i threw it out and i recommend that if you have acne DON'T USE THIS