Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

I am 45 years old and just discovered this. I've had oily, acne-prone skin my whole life, and only stopped breaking out within the past 5 years. I still get oily in the T-zone in winter, all over in summer; and I still use foundations and powders for oily skin. I only use moisturizer in winter. So that's my current skin type, for your reference.

When younger, I blitzed the hell out of my face with a rotating crew of alcohol-heavy toners, alpha-hydroxy acids, acne drying creams... and of course, liquid soaps that stripped my skin bare. Maybe that's what I needed back then to keep zits at bay.

These days, though, those products are just too harsh and irritating. I tried the Clinique oily skin 3-step products last summer and couldn't stand them. I had been using Dove bar soap since then, but didn't feel it was really cleaning off the makeup, and I had little bumps under the skin. I picked up the Cetaphil Oily Skin cleanser just to try it, and I love it!

You have to get used to the fact that this doesn't lather. It's a clear liquid, not a cream, but it still just kind of melts into the skin without lathering. I use 3 pumps on wet skin, and I find that it cleanses very thoroughly, including a full face of makeup with foundation + powder, and rinses off very cleanly. Gets off eye makeup, too, without stinging. My skin feels great afterwards! Sometimes I use a dab of moisturizer if I've been in air conditioning all day, but it certainly isn't a harsh or drying product. And my skin is super-smooth and calm, with no bumps or redness. Worth a try, especially if you've aged out of acne but still have oily skin!

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

on 12/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for years. I have sensitive, reactive skin. Cetaphil is very gentle and pleasant to use. I cleanse twice a day. In the morning, I use the Cetaphil lotion cleanser and in the evening I use the Cetaphil cleansing bar. I save a lot of money using the bar formula of this cleanser.

on 1/3/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This stuff is the absolute best. I always come right back to it. You get a lot of product for your money!!! And it works a gem ;)

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best face wash for my acne-prone, medicated face. When initially on the medication, my skin would be super dry before it got used to it. I used the gentle version of this cleanser and it was a dream! I'm off medication now and I use the normal version everyday. My skin has maintained a beautiful and clean glow besides the one or two hormonal time-of-the-month break outs here and there. Every during those times, this facial cleanser works wonders. Who knew that using a product without all the acids and chemicals used in acne-clearing products would clear my skin better than the ones that include them! HG for sure.

on 5/11/2014 3:20:00 PM

I have tried this cleanser several times over the years in hopes to make it work. Unfortunately, I have to "Throw in the towel". Initially it works so well and cleans my skin great, but over time I start to get flakey skin. I gave it 4 lippies because this is an awesome cleanser for someone with the intended skin type "Normal to Oily". It removes make up. I like it enough to have tried it several times. It just isn't for me personally because apparently I need something more moisturizing. I think if you have the intended skin type, this is definitely worth a try. It does have a masking fragrance, that I personally like. Some may not.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So, I actually picked up a double pack accidentally at BJ's. Initially, I was very upset that I bought this instead of the regular Cetaphil. By the time I got around to realizing that this wasn't the "regular" Cetaphil, it was too late to return it. So, I tried this. I actually like it better than the regular Cetaphil.

I have combination skin. This works better than the original for my skin type. My skin feels clean after using this, but not tight. Like the original Cetaphil, it doesn't really lather up. The only thing I find strange is that they decided to add fragrance. I'm not bothered by it. However, I know a lot of people with sensitive skin do avoid fragrances.

on 2/3/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 months now and must say it's the most gentle, non-drying cleanser I've ever used I'd tried the regular Cetaphil Gentle Daily Cleanser but found that one didn't do a good job at removing makeup at all, so decided to give this one a try. Even though it says it's for Normal to Oily Skin, it does not strip my face or make my dry patches (in winter) drier.

Many so-called "gentle" cleansers leave my face feeling tight (still haven't figured out what ingredient causes this for me!) but not this one. I've also found I don't need to use a toner after washing with this cleanser.

Seems pricey but you get a BIG bottle for your money, and even using it 2x/day a bottle will last me for months. Love this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I still get acne and this works amazingly ! my skin Is extremely soft and this doesn't strip my skin of moisture.

I enjoy mild cleansers since I have very pale skin. This is a great product for those that have sensitive skin. I don't feel like I get enough out of it. It is not a great stand alone product unless you just aren't prone to breakouts. If you have acne, you need to stack this with something "medicated"

It does clean the face without any irritation but its just not strong enough for me.