Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

I have been using this face wash for a week and my entire face is breaking out and tight feeling. I have oily combination acne prone skin and I wanted a non irritating face wash and Cetaphil seemed promising. This cleanser is not gentle enough for my skin and does nothing for my acne. It does more harm than good. The irritation may be due to the fragrance and strong chemicals. I would not recommend this face wash and I'm going to go back to Simple Moisturizing Facial Cleanser because it did not irritate my skin at all and is fragrance free.

I really wanted to like this product because of its amazing reviews but I don’t understand the hype?

First of all, I used this and the third day of using it I had red spots all over my face? Like all over, and I have really clear skin . It was really weird it wasn’t like acne spots or anything it was under my skin and it was itchy a little. I’m assuming I’m allergic to it. I stopped as soon as possible and went back to my Cerave Foaming wash and it cleared up within two hours which was really weird.

I rarely breakout, my acne is well under control right now so those spots were really strange. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before using this.

Second, I have this app called “get dirty” and it tells you all the true ingredients in a face wash and this one. Omg. It’s so bad you guys. There are so many parabens in this that are extremely toxic and cancer causing. The toxicity rating on the app for this product is so bad and is a 10! How is this product allowed on the market!? I looked up other drugstore face washes to compare like the Cerave and Neutrogena, Biore, Vanicream, Purpose. None of their products were bad like Cetaphil’s daily washes ingredients. Stop using this crap. Nothing in it is beneficial for your skin. It’s full of toxic parabens and has common allergen ingredients.

on 9/1/2017 2:48:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser after trying so many out. I used to love origins checks and balances but it was too drying. Once I started oil cleansing, I use this to remove the oil and I'm left without any makeup or dryness. The packaging isn't cute at all but this product is so simple and exactly what I need to remove makeup and oil.

on 8/20/2017 12:44:00 PM

Disappointed in this cleanser, less than average, very low foaming, i'm still having breakouts when i'm using it, it does nothing to the skin, at least a little glow after using it would be appreciated .. and it's considered expensive taking in consideration it's less than average... i'm not buying it again.

on 6/15/2017 12:32:00 PM

Since I'm using this my skin is better , love it !

on 6/7/2017 6:49:00 AM

I love this cleanser, I am able to use it everyday and night , I do not have to worry about it getting in my eyes because its so gentle . It removes my heavy foundation( i wear estee lauder double wear camouflage ). It does not dry my skin out or leave it feeling greasy. I have sensitive skin and would highly recommend it to those with the same issue, I do wear a lot of mascara and will say it usually does not remove all of it so i am using a eye makeup remover to get what is left behind. I also was suffering from adult acne when i was introduced to this product and after consistently using it completely cleared ,I have tried almost everything and am most satisfied with cetaphil its very simple and light , the bottle lasts about a month, great value .Keeps me clear without fail!!

on 6/7/2017 5:09:00 AM

This is my all time Favvv cleanser , I'm so happy I came across this cleanser , I've been using it for 2 years now . I haven't loved any other cleanser besides this one . I highly recommend this if you have acne prone skin combo ..oily/dry .... this cleanser also helps remove my remaining makeup this cleanser did not break me out at all. I decided I wanted to give the CeraVe foaming cleanser a try Worst decision ever I started breaking out baaaad I switched up to Cetaphil again and it calmed down my huge zits that the other cleanser left me I love love this product I highly recommend this . You will not be disappointed :)

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

on 11/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have young adult acne-prone skin with the cause of it being unknown. My skin goes back and forth from being either dry and patchy or slick and oily. I decided that I wanted to stop using acne-medicated cleansers and try an all-purpose wash. I have only used this product once, so I do not know how it will affect my acne, however, I'll give my first impression. First: the smell is STRONG. It smells like hand sanitizer mixed with some other fragrance. Secondly: this makes my face feel really clean, smooth, and oil free. Third: I wish it had a better lather. Fourth: the bottle is HUGE! Fourth: It can be pricy.

This product definitely has its pros and cons but I like it so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail cleanser; however, this has caused my skin to act weird. Sometimes my skin feels tight and feels slightly irritated if I use too much.