Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

2.9

on 5/2/2002 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i believe this is the same as cetaphil normal/oily cleanser just different packaging. i would like to say that this is a very good cleanser and seems to remove makeup better then cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. i like that it has a pump, which is very conveinent. the only real negative about this is the scent, as it contains some sort of masking fragrance. still i find this to be a descent cleanser for anybody with normal to oily skin.

on 8/4/2002 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was strong and it left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. Not so good. I agree with the reviewer a bit below me, in that I would also strongly rec. Sage's Facial Shampoo over this.

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

on 10/13/2002 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing some good things about this, I decided to try it. What a waste of money! I really wanted to like it and tried it for a few months. It smells really really gross, kind of medicinal and sweet at the same time. I never felt it cleaned my face well enough and sometimes it left a layer of residue. The worst part was that it made me break out! I usually have only a few zits, so this really bothered me. I eliminated different things and it turned out to be this horrible stuff! I am still trying to clear up the damage this junk did. Do not buy it! I wish I could give it a negative score! I like my oil of olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin sooo much better!

on 3/24/2004 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Since the other Cetaphil wasn't cutting the oil, I thought I'd try this. Alas, it dried my skin and inflamed my cheeks - it burned, burned, burned. The smell is too strong too, plus there should be NO fragrance in a line of products touted as Cetaphil is for sensitive skin. All Cetaphil has been a real disappointment for me.

on 7/6/2004 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was on a trip, forgot to pack my Paula's Choice cleanser, and had to buy a drugstore cleanser to get through the weekend. This cleanser is okay. It does wash off the makeup, and does not overdry my combination skin. However, the shampooey smell is overwhelming, and makes the experience of face-washing slightly unpleasant. So I will keep this around for emergencies, or for washing out some of my brushes, but I still prefer these cleansers: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and Eucerin Gentle Hydrating.

on 9/27/2004 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It cleans well but burns the eyes too much for me to continue use. The fragrance is very strong!

I've switched to the Target generic version, which cleans the same but is gentler on the eyes with less fragrance.

on 10/26/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ugghh. Liked this initially, but after a few weeks, this has proven to be so harsh and stripping on my skin. It is literally like washing your face with detergent. I have had great success with the original cleanser and the cream from Cetaphil, but this one is such a disappointment. I will stick to the unfragranced products for my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I decided to try Cetaphil based upon it's excellent reputation. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist and is highly endorsed by Paula Begoun, the "Cosmetic Cop". As supposedly time tested as the product is, it wreaked havoc with my skin for the six months I washed with it.

I am 41, with oily acne prone skin that is also sensitive due to the nightly use of Retin-A. I gave Cetaphil a good six months of use to work its magic. Within a short time of washing my face with Cetaphil, my hair line and jawline were covered in small pimples that no matter what I did, refused to go away. I figured this was due to the humid months of summer, or hormones, or stress, or the Retin-A (which I have been using for 10 years btw with great success) and not this oh-so gentle cleanser that is so highly endorsed, so I continued to use the product. Come winter, I found that Cetaphil burned my skin, and the pimples were there to stay.

After finding makeupalley, I discovered that Cetaphil caused other women to break out as well and that maybe it was Cetaphil that made my skin pimpled and red and painful. I decided to stop using Cetaphil to see if this was true. Sure enough, one week later and the small pimples have disappeared. I still have red marks left from the bigger pimples it caused, but the Retin-A will take care of that eventually. And I am so happy now that my fiance has been telling me that my skin looks fanastic.

Bottom line is that if you are acne prone, using this product is a big risk. Based upon the reviews here, there is a 50-50 chance that your skin will breakout and be left a raw red mess, especially if you use any sort of retinoid. I feel it is not worth the risk.

on 3/1/2005 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The smell reminds me of my kidlet's bubble bath, so I like that part. Otherwise, it's made me break out in weird areas (even after using my beloved persagel faithfully in said areas) and leaves behind a film. Ick. Not that great at taking off makeup, maybe better for the AM. Probably will keep looking. Too bad: I wanted to like this one after all the raves I've heard about Cetaphil.