Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this cleanser! My mom and I have noticed such a difference in our skin after washing our face with this every morning and night. Our skin feels so much softer. I LOVE using this in the morning before I put my makeup on because I don't feel I have to use a primer - this gives me the nice clean face I want!

Plus, it's super gentle, which means no harsh ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and my mom has rosacea and we have had no problems with this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I thought this cleanser was great but after using it for a while my skin started burning and flaking. I thought that my sensitivity was due to the weather or some other product I'd be using but I stopped using the cleanser and my skin cleared up. I didn't really think anything of it until I gave the cleanser to my sister and she told me the next day that it burned her skin too. My skin is very sensitive so I figured it was just me but my sister doesn't have sensitive skin at all. I will never use a Cetaphil cleanser again (I don't like the gentle one either) but they do make great moisturizers!

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

on 10/22/2015 3:46:00 PM

This product is amazing. My skin is very sensitive and I have tried everything to get it to look healthier and have an even skin tone. Most products I've tried in the past made me break out and have really oily skin. This resulted in scarring and terrible looking skin. I have been using a combination of the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser & moisturizer and my skin looks AMAZING! The scarring has reduced and is barely noticeable anymore, my skin tone is even, and it has never made me break out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY FOREVER STAPLE! The dermatologist recommended this after countless attempts to lotions and soaps! I'd tried everything (Eucerin, Clinique, Bath and Body Works), and I finally found this gem. For sensitive skin/dry, this is a must! I must say, my mother (strong skin, oily), this wasn't AS HELPFUL as Clinique for her!

on 12/1/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had high hopes of this given it is said in the packaging that it foams. But it doesn't.. it's no different from the ones for normal skin but just more expensive.

I don't like cetaphil cleansers and cream.

on 10/17/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is terrible for acne prone skin people that wear foundation. Smells awful, doesn't clean, doesn't rinse. I've had better results with ponds cold cream for acne.

on 6/18/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I bought this at the same time as regular cetaphil. I've been using the gentle one for a few weeks, but used this for a stretch in there as well. First off, my skin sucks and I break out to any and everything. For years I tried every product, even diet changes and nothing works so I have to assume it's not just what I put on my face but also internal and therefore I can't blame a face product unless it makes it horribly worse.

So that said, I first hoped this would be foaming enough to clean, but gentle enough to not strip me and make things worse. The smell was instantly offensive and I almost didn't buy it. I can't tolerate additives like that and though they say they use it to mask the smell, I have to wonder how bad the original smell is if that's considered an improvement. YUCK. And I can handle a lot of smelly products. But no.

The first time I use this, like any other product, I liked it. But for some reason I felt like I noticed the bumps more after using it. Some products do that, they almost 'highlight' them for you. Maybe it's helping to expel them, but I've been dealing with a lot of face products over the years, and it's never a good thing. All the times I tried to use this, my temptation to pick at my face was heightened and I did it, which of course made everything worse. It isn't drying and from what I can tell, it wasn't causing any major acne issues (I still have cysts with the cetaphil gentle which is not ok and yet it's still the better of the cleansers I've tried :P). I think this would work on normal people who didn't have my issues, but because of the smell, I wouldn't try to keep using it if I could use anything. I think I'm going to return it and suffer until I can get insurance to see a dr about my skin issues. (Dr didn't help, btw. Unfortunately....)

I have used Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser on and off for the past 10 years. It has helped me through my teenage breakouts and continued to calm my skin in my most recent years. I never forgive myself for venturing off into other products but this cleanser is so gentle and mild that I can always depend on it.

I do have a couple suggestions for others though. Even though buying in bulk sounds tempting, unless you go through these bad boys in three months I would not suggest buying it in bulk! I bought Cetaphil at BJS and it lasted me years but this nice translucent cleanser eventually became.. opaque and viscous. At one point I was sure it was expired! And it was breaking me out! Next, I also advise those who lean on the more sensitive skin side (as I do) to try out the gentle facial cleaner. This can irritate your skin especially in the winter.

Nonetheless, it is a staple in my house and life!

on 11/8/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This facial cleanser is very good for people like me who have very pale and sensitive skin. It leaves your face smooth and clean without causing any redness, dryness, or itchiness. The consistency is almost like a gel, and it smells like baby powder which I love. I would recommend this for people who have little acne.