Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 11/8/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I been reading many reviews on this product. I decided to buy both the Gentle Facial Cleanser and the Daily Facial Cleanser. I have mild Rosacea and this was recommended by my derm. She actually recommended the gentle, but since I have oily skin I'm not sure that will be sufficient to remove the excess oil. My skin also gets dried out after shower, even with luke warm water. I was using the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser for added moisture, but they discontinued this and the Ultra Gentle from Neutrogena did not feel like it was cleansing well. I was also using a Neutrogena oil-free moisture. My face would get really red after using the moisture. So I am looking for new products. I have decided to try Cetaphil for the cleanser and CeraVe AM and PM for the moisture. Trying to limit the redness. I might use the Gentle cleanser in the morning and the Daily cleanser before I go to bed. The Daily cleanser has fragrance mask, so not sure how that will be on my skin. The Gentle is fragrance free, but may be similar effectiveness wise as Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle (hope not). Will have just try and see what happens. Same with the CeraVe. The AM has SPF 30, which is good. May use AM for the morning and PM just before I go to bed. I know some people have used PM for both morning and night, but then you have to use another sunscreen. it may just be good to go with the AM both night and day. I am spot checking these products on parts of my neck to see if they cause irritation. After one day, I do not see any irritation where applied. I will continue to test for another couple of days, if all good, will apply to face. My derm stated that if I start to breakout in red areas she will prescribe metrocreme.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail cleanser; however, this has caused my skin to act weird. Sometimes my skin feels tight and feels slightly irritated if I use too much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went through two bottles of this and I can't say that I've seen any improvements to my skin. It's a functional cleanser - leaves my skin feeling clean, but my skin has seen a pretty bad year and it didn't do much to it. Doesn't do much to control oil either, I've tried going without it for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to give me much of a difference.

Also pretty expensive for the lack of results, would not purchase again.

on 3/25/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My mistake was thinking because I have combination skin this would work for me. I was terribly wrong. This product dried out my skin so bad that my skin became cracked and painful especially around my cheeks. I had to use a heavy moisturizers right after using his product to try to ease the discomfort as this product stripped my skin so badly. Would not buy this product again sadly.

on 3/15/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. For my oily/acne prone skin, this is the perfect cleanser for my face, as it's gentle and does a great job cleaning my skin without making it feel very tight and dry. I use it night and day and have been using it for about 5+ years. Prior to using this Cetaphil cleanser, I was using a variety of products - none of which I felt as satisfied using.

Pros:
- It cleans my skin thoroughly
- Scent is light, not overpowering
- You don't need too much to get a good clean; bottles last a long time as a result
- My skin isn't left very tight or dry after I wash it off
- Product rinses off completely - no film left behind

Cons:
- It's on the pricier side, so I tend to wait til it's on sale and buy in bulk
- If you prefer cleansers that foam, bubble, etc., you won't like this one
- It *could* be a little drying for certain people - purchase a small bottle or use some from a friend before deciding to invest in a larger one. My brother (who has oily skin) didn't like this product - felt it was too drying for his skin, yet my sister (who also has oily skin) absolutely loves this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this and the gentle version of this for years. I tend to rotate between the two. I really like this cleanser as it removes all my makeup well and it keeps my breakouts at bay. It foams and lathers really nicely and I like the scent. One of my HGs.

on 7/12/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this cleanser the most over the past 10 years or so. I like it because it's a gentle product, not claiming to perform any miracles. It's a steady workhorse in my routine, and especially great because it's so affordable, easily available at any Walmart/Target/CVS, and you really get a lot in each bottle.
I have oily skin with acne, dry patches and some lines. I'm not expecting a cleanser to do anything more than gently and effectively clean my face - I rely on other products to address my specific skin concerns. This product IS scented, but I'm not sensitive to scents and it just smells softly like Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I have relied on this cleanser in the past to remove my eye makeup (because I'm cheap and lazy :-)) and it did alright, but I've been using Huggies brand baby wipes recently and that does a much better job. I LOVE the pump bottle because it's so convenient in the shower and quick to use. The only issue with the pump is that it's difficult to get every last bit of product out of the bottle, but I'm fine with that trade-off.
I can't imagine this ever being irritating to my skin, although I guess some people might have issues. I've used this product throughout sunburns, breakouts, and before/after MUAC skin peels (haven't tried the TCA yet, though) and it's been gentle enough for that. I like this product and will probably continue to repurchase indefinitely!

on 6/1/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Why does this not have 5 stars? I love this. Simply love. I had a huge outbreak of cystic acne thanks to a horrible bronzer. I used this and it literally calms down acne over night. My cystic acne was very bad so it took about a week to get it to calm down but thanks to this cleanser, its gone. Whenever I get home from the gym, I love using this because it takes off all the oil and gunk! Will never switch to anything! I have super oily skin and this is a life saver.

on 3/20/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading a few reviews and articles about how well it worked. After using it for a few weeks I'm now hooked!

I have combination/oily skin that is sensitive and I also have some mild acne and rosacea, so problem skin all around. I have tried several expensive brands and gentle brands. For a while I was using products from The Body Shop and they worked ok. I picked Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser up on my last trip to Ulta and I'm so glad I did.

I liked it after using it the first time but I wanted to see how well it would perform after using it regularly. It's now been almost a month and I use it daily. My skin is clearer and seems to produce less oil. I use 1 pump all over my face and neck and follow with a toner for sensitive skin and light moisturizer. It leaves my skin clean and dirt free without feeling dry and tight. There is a slight scent but nothing bad, in fact I kind of like it because it's not really flowery like some others are.

I wish I had tried this years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of money on trying expensive brands. I will definitely buy this again. In fact I'll probably get another bottle to leave in my shower.