Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

on 10/1/2001 3:22:00 PM

A great gentle cleanser for oily skin. I rotate this one in my routine often when my skin is in need of clearing up.

on 2/27/2002 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I liked this cleanser...I even kept it around as a stand by for when I run out of the good stuff. I swear this stuff makes me break out...I even cleansed once then repeat! UGH! I thought it was something else I used and everytime I asked someone they'd say "It can't be the Cetephil" I have been using Paula's choice faithfully for 3 months and I started to run out of the cleanser. Instead of buying "just" the cleanser online I wanted to wait till I needed toner too..anyway to make a long story short I used the Cetaphil Normal to Oily cleanser and broke out really bad. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but since I have suffered since puberty with mild acne and finally had a beautiful face with Paula's choice I am bummed! It may work for some, but I won't be buying this again!

on 5/19/2002 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am liking this cleanser. It's more of a summertime cleanser, as it tends to be a bit drying. I find that this one cleans much better than the original cetaphil cleanser and removes all of my makeup (without having to use a washcloth).

on 10/14/2002 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't remove all of my makeup and left my skin greasy. It contains mineral oil, which I find quite ironic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser alot. However, I can't decide whether I like this one or the gentle skin cleanser better. I like that it has a pump dispenser. I also get a cleaner feeling from this one as opposed to the gentle skin cleanser. Some people don't like the fragrance, but I really don't mind it.

on 12/20/2002 6:27:00 PM

After using this product, my skin felt soft at first, but then it really started feeling quite dry and tight. The scent was kind of weird. It didn't remove my makep up very well. I only wear powder and lipstick on most days. I'm kind of disappointed...

on 12/30/2002 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many fabulous reviews about this cleanser I decided to try it. It may be cheap but that is where my excitement ends. I washed my face and it was so dry and tight afterwards. It felt as if this cleanser sucked every drop of moisture from my skin. I will be returning this to the drug store and getting my money back ASAP.

My dermatologist recommended I use this facial cleanser in conjuction with my prescription acne medications (Differin gel & Benzaclin gel) and I love it! It leavs my sensitive/combination skin squeeky clean, although in the winter months, I find I need a dab of moisturizer on my cheeks. I like the scent of this cleanser, it reminds me of "clean," although I've read others find it offensive. I also love that this comes in a pump dispenser, definitely more convenient & you can control how much you use much more easily.

on 7/4/2003 4:10:00 AM

The good: If you have very oily skin that is not overly sensitive, you may very well love this cleanser! It really gets the oil out. It did a good job cleansing my oily t-zone.

The bad: First of all, it overdried my already dry cheeks. That in turn made them so much oilier! Second, I do not like the fragrance. When I bought this I didn't read the package closely enough. I just assumed that it would be fragrance free like the original Cetaphil. Another thing is you have to really rinse a lot to get all the stuff off your face. There are these tiny little bubbles that just don't wanna go! Lastly, the stuff is so watery that I tend to use a lot and it ran out in a little over a month.

For my sensitive skin, I would not buy this again.

on 7/11/2003 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Too harsh for my face other than the t-zone area, not effecitve for acne either. Don't like the smell. Will use Murad's instead.