Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

on 10/15/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been using this cleanser for a little over a year and I never realized that it was a cause for my acne until I looked at the ingredients. I purchased this item in the beginning because it seemed like a gentle cleanser and it got all round good reviews but when I used it, I would notice it would harshly strip my skin of all its oils and leave me surprisingly dry and the moisturizers I would put on wasn't enough to compensate for the oil that was stripped away. One random day, I found a website called CosDNA (which I really recommend) and checked the ingredients of this product and found that it had parabens, fragrance, and worst of all sulfates. After I saw that, I immediately dumped this cleanser because my acne is linked to oil production and when I used this 'gentle cleanser' my face would be extremely dry and as a result my skin would overproduce oils which caused worse acne. So overall, it was harsh for me despite having oily skin and I would recommend cleansers that don't have sulfates.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

When I was in high school my sisters always used the cetaphil for normal to dry skin (the milky white one) and I hated it. It had the texture of snot and didn't do anything. I had acne and used what my Dermatologist recommended, the Neutrogena acne wash. Years later I discovered they had another version, the one for normal to oily skin. Its a clear cleanser and has a more traditional soap texture (I just can't handle slime on my face...). It cleans without stripping, doesn't break me out. It does an ok job with makeup but other's do better. I used this for a while but then an esthetician flipped out on me for using it. So I tried cerave for a while which I like except it's a little on the slimy side and it burns sometimes.

on 11/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have young adult acne-prone skin with the cause of it being unknown. My skin goes back and forth from being either dry and patchy or slick and oily. I decided that I wanted to stop using acne-medicated cleansers and try an all-purpose wash. I have only used this product once, so I do not know how it will affect my acne, however, I'll give my first impression. First: the smell is STRONG. It smells like hand sanitizer mixed with some other fragrance. Secondly: this makes my face feel really clean, smooth, and oil free. Third: I wish it had a better lather. Fourth: the bottle is HUGE! Fourth: It can be pricy.

This product definitely has its pros and cons but I like it so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchase this while in the states as it was $10 at the time and when i eventually found it back home it was 25 euro. I found this product to be an essential in my mission to clear up my acne as i'm still a teenager i can't afford big expensive branded facial cleansers i can mainly only purchase some drugstore brands or having to borrow money or dig into savings to purchase more expensive brands. I have very oily skin acne prone skin and this product dryed my skin and removed excess oils it also dried out my spots but it did leave lumpy red marks in there place. I eventually decided to up my game so i began usuing this product with my la roche posay sensitive acne cleanser and i can honestly say my skins never looked better my ance is clearing and to give my skin an extra boost i do use the cetaphil moisturising lotion and acnecide (benzac) and a ton of sudocrem on my problem areas and once to twice a week i use a deep exfoiliating mask and a facial scrub. This product is a must have as it can be the base to every skincare routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have adult hormonal acne. I use retin-a micro at night and clindamycin lotion in the morning. This face wash makes my skin feel tight and dry. Also, the fragrance is strong and perfumey. Cetaphil's gentle cleansing lotion is MUCH better for acne skin than this daily face wash. But I still prefer Neutrogena oil-free face wash with salicylic acid.

I read a lot about how a plain Cetaphil cleanser is great for acne problematic skin because it's gentle... It's a liquid gel type texture, clear, it suds a little if I put a lot in my hand. I don't know if it's helping or making things worse. The fragrance bothers me...I get nervous about putting cleansers on my face that have fragrance. I have had nodular acne, it struggles healing and each pimple leaves behind a flat, red mark. Apparently I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have very oily skin, mostly around my t-zone. I can be a total oil slick... I'm extremely fair skinned and my skin is SO fussy and sensitive. I was trying to get a cheap version of the La Roche Posay Toleriane Gentle Foaming cleanser...it's what my dermatologist told me to buy when my acne was OUT OF CONTROL BAD...it did help calm the flare up down. Meh, this Cetaphil just doesn't stack up to the reviews I've read about it. Would not repurchase...I actually haven't used much of it so I may try to bring it back to Target, since I don't want it to go to waste, or give it to my Mom since her skin is less sensitive than mine and no acne issues. WHY IS IT JUST ME WITH THE ACNE?!?! *cries*

Okay, that's my review/rant. :)

on 6/18/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have repurchase this product soo many times because it has never failed me. But that doesn't mean it's a success.. I have acne and whenever I use this I don't see much difference. But if I use a product that has broken me out I will use this and it will bring it back to normal. It doesn't really help acne but it sorta prevents anything really bad from happening.

I had a really bad break out issue after I had my son. Horrible. Cystic acne all over my cheeks and chin. sigh. Anyways, I bought Aveeno Clear Complexion, made it way worse, Neutrogena Oil Free acne wash, dried out so frigging bad it hurt, Clean and Clear, and a host of others I bought at Sophora thinking it would fix it and nada. Soooo bought this after doing some research and reading reviews and holy crap this stuff is amazing! Makes my skin soooo soft and clean. Never dries it out. This paired with their moisturizer, Simple toner and my Green Tea scrub has made my skin nicer than I think I have ever seen it :D Never caused me to break out either ! Love love ! Will repurchase this stuff forever

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been wanting to try Cetaphil for awhile, the only set back for me has been the price. But I decided to give it a shot, I have oily acne prone skin. I want to be able to say this is like a miracle product but it hasn't done much with my acne. I will say that it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin which is good. I've only been using it for a month so maybe I should just wait for improvement because right now my feeling are mixed. I will keep using it and see how it goes.

on 12/7/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am the kind of gal with EXTREMLY oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Almost every face product I use breaks me out. I first bought this because I needed a new face wash and I haven't found "the one" yet. Let me just start by saying the very first day I used it, everything was fine. It cleansed my skin, and didn't excessively dry it out. After about 3 days using it, I started noticing that I was getting little red bumps along my forehead and temples. I just thought "oh well it's probably another breakout time." I used it for a week and that's when I knew my this face wash was causing all the pimples on my face! It broke me out into cystic acne which is not fun by the way. Ever since I stopped using this and switched to my Neutrogena one, my face has gotten so much better. I will be giving this to a friend or a family member. And I am Disappointed also because none of Cetaphil's products work with my face.