Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/6/2001 9:16:00 AM

For those with schizo skin, this stuff is the best! My skin is oily and prone to breakouts but also dry on the cheeks, and this evens me right out. It's a not-too-foamy gel, nice smell but no irritating fragrances. Big tube for 9.99 (Can $), lasts me about 2 months.

on 6/11/2001 8:24:00 PM

Cetaphil's Cleanser for Oily Skin is my skincare holy grail! I have sensitive, combination skin which is prone to breakouts. This cleanser does not dry me out and is very gentle and soothing. It takes off all my makeup (I *gently* rub my eyelashes). I love this cleanser!

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

This is a great cleanser. It's nice & gentle, takes off my makeup and leaves my skin so soft. I find I've been reaching for this much more than my others cleansers lately.

Update... after using nearly the entire bottle of this I noticed it did nothing to help keep my pores clean and in the end they looked more clogged than ever. It's a good basic facial cleanser for removing dirt and makeup but not for keeping pores clear or looking clear. Will still use this when my skin needs soemthing gentle or for morning use. Also makes a great brush cleaner.

on 12/8/2002 2:51:00 AM

Excellent cleanser for normal to oily skin -- cleans thoroughly without drying the skin out *and* it removes all but the most waterproof of makeup. The only complaint I have is that I would prefer it to be unscented .. or at least without the odd scent that's a cross between baby shampoo and the medicine cabinet. Other than that, great all around.

I really had high hopes for this cleanser. Totally disappointing. I am not typically sensitive to scent, but let me tell you this stuff is awful, like a previous reviewer said it smells like laundry detergent. It didn't do a very good job at removing makeup and left my skin feeling irritated and gross. (I thought this was supposed to be gentle, and I don't have very sensitive skin!) I love the Cetaphil lotion for hands and body, but this was one of the worst cleansers I've ever used.

on 12/21/2002 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first seemed like a great product, but as mentioned before..after a few uses, my skin got tight and dry. Then started breaking out due to over dry skin. Ughh. Screwed up my whole skincare routine, cause then I had to get a toner to get the leftover traces of makeup. Then I had to get a better moisturizer to put back moisture that was taken from me washing my face w/it. Sure it's cheap, but when you need to go and buy more products to accomodate what its done to your face...it just ain't worth it.

I use this at nite to remove my makeup. It works well, but it has a little hospital-ly smell for me. It works great for removing makeup.

on 1/31/2003 1:15:00 PM

I chose this over the regular Cetaphil cleanser because I have combination skin, but unfortunately it left my face feeling dry and slightly stretched after each use. At the same time it left a noticeable film on the surface of my skin, (which I believe all the Cetaphil products have a tendency to do?). I used it for several weeks, thinking this reaction would subside, unhappily it didn't. The cleanser's plasticky scent didn't help matters.