Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.8

on 9/4/2001 10:57:00 PM

I used to look for cleansers with all kinds of fancy ingredients in them, but after using Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser I am starting to believe many MUAers' claims that less is more when it comes to a cleanser. All I know is that I've got cleansers from four other (high end) brands sitting in my shower, and almost every time I go to wash my face I reach for the Cetaphil instead. It cleans thoroughly and gently without stripping or irritating my skin, it's easy to dispense because of the pump it comes with, and it only costs like $5!! I've noticed that because the Cetaphil is so gentle, my skin actually feels less oily during the day because it doesn't have to compensate for the stripping it was getting from my old cleansers. Those Origins and Awake tubes might just sit in my shower forever!!! The only minor thing I have to complain about is that I don't really like the smell of the Cetaphil-- too plasticky. But I'm getting used to it.

on 1/22/2002 3:38:00 AM

This product is okay. I use it a few times a week because I'm sure if I used it twice a day, my face would get very dry. I have oily skin, but this still makes my face feel a bit tight. Also, I really, really do not like the fragrance. A yucky floral, medicinal smell that almost made me return it the first time I used it. If regular Cetaphil did not exist, however, I'd probably use this because it's still more gentle than most drugstore cleansers. As of now, regular Cetaphil is my fave. At least this has a convenient pump.

on 1/25/2002 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this was good, however i really miss the "foaming action" of my usual cleansers....

on 2/9/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not like this non foaming, cleanser. It does not remove makeup well, leaves a film on my face, hate the consistency, hate the smell, the only thing I like about this is the price and even that can't make me like this cleanser.

on 6/1/2002 11:54:00 AM

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, Cetaphil's Oily Skin cleanser won't quite do the trick. It doesn't foam, it smells odd, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean as I'd like. Skip this and get Sage Facial Shampoo instead. It's pricier, but works much better.

on 11/21/2002 4:48:00 PM

My all-time favorite cleanser. I rarely breakout, but I have noticed that I breakout even less when I use this. It isn't the greatest make-up remover ever made, but it works fine for me. I think it smells nice too. Also, it is so cheap!

on 11/27/2002 1:02:00 AM

This cleanser makes up break out! Wow.... I don't see a reason for me to buy this again! It smells odd, it doesn't make me feel fresh and clean. It doesn't even remove my make up effectively. Although it is inexpensive, however, why bother?

on 3/20/2003 10:42:00 PM

I have been using this since may 2002, and it never broke me out. My skin can be crazy! It's all normal, when suddenly out of nowhere i can wake up with a pimple under my skin. Since i began using this, i noticed a lot less of those nasty little morning "surprises". Removes makeup and eye-makeup nicely!

I'm a big fan of the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser so when I read in Paula Begoun's "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that this really was more of an all-skin cleanser and that it removed makeup (which the GSC does not) I purchased it right away. Overall it's a good cleanser, that leaves my skin clean, fresh, and smooth, albeit a little tight. I only have a *few* complaints. It is very watery, and it easily drips into my eyes which (OUCH) hurts. The second is the smell. I nealy barfed when I took a whiff. It reminds me of Oral Phosphates Solution, a liquid laxative I had to take when I was preparing for a colonoscopy. I haven't really decided if I'm going to buy it again, but it's a decent, pretty gentle option for someone with normal-oily skin.

on 5/26/2003 4:24:00 PM

Uggh, I really don't care for this cleanser. It left my sensitive skin very irritated and red, and the strong scent really put me off. I perfer the gentle cleansing bar to this. It's very gentle and does not irritate my skin.