Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

on 6/7/2017 6:49:00 AM

I love this cleanser, I am able to use it everyday and night , I do not have to worry about it getting in my eyes because its so gentle . It removes my heavy foundation( i wear estee lauder double wear camouflage ). It does not dry my skin out or leave it feeling greasy. I have sensitive skin and would highly recommend it to those with the same issue, I do wear a lot of mascara and will say it usually does not remove all of it so i am using a eye makeup remover to get what is left behind. I also was suffering from adult acne when i was introduced to this product and after consistently using it completely cleared ,I have tried almost everything and am most satisfied with cetaphil its very simple and light , the bottle lasts about a month, great value .Keeps me clear without fail!!

on 11/9/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an awesome cleanser only sold in the US and I am in Canada . I love how it leaves the face feeling so clean without leaving it dry.

I am 45 years old and just discovered this. I've had oily, acne-prone skin my whole life, and only stopped breaking out within the past 5 years. I still get oily in the T-zone in winter, all over in summer; and I still use foundations and powders for oily skin. I only use moisturizer in winter. So that's my current skin type, for your reference.

When younger, I blitzed the hell out of my face with a rotating crew of alcohol-heavy toners, alpha-hydroxy acids, acne drying creams... and of course, liquid soaps that stripped my skin bare. Maybe that's what I needed back then to keep zits at bay.

These days, though, those products are just too harsh and irritating. I tried the Clinique oily skin 3-step products last summer and couldn't stand them. I had been using Dove bar soap since then, but didn't feel it was really cleaning off the makeup, and I had little bumps under the skin. I picked up the Cetaphil Oily Skin cleanser just to try it, and I love it!

You have to get used to the fact that this doesn't lather. It's a clear liquid, not a cream, but it still just kind of melts into the skin without lathering. I use 3 pumps on wet skin, and I find that it cleanses very thoroughly, including a full face of makeup with foundation + powder, and rinses off very cleanly. Gets off eye makeup, too, without stinging. My skin feels great afterwards! Sometimes I use a dab of moisturizer if I've been in air conditioning all day, but it certainly isn't a harsh or drying product. And my skin is super-smooth and calm, with no bumps or redness. Worth a try, especially if you've aged out of acne but still have oily skin!

Oh my God. Finally something I'm not having a mental breakdown over. I am 22 years old and this is the first time I am writing a review for anything. But I had to because Cetaphil is miracle from the gods. Let me tell about PTSD from acne. I first started breaking out at age 16 and I literally tried EVERYTHING. From biggest brands out there to home remedies of putting random assortment of my grandmother's spice box on my face, nothing worked until I used salicylic acid with tea tree. Then, puberty went away and the acid starting attacking my face and didn't do shit for me. As we get out of puberty, our hormones start to return to normal and for the most part, the active bacteria on our face are not causing the same destruction nor is the oil production as high. Yes, everyone is different, but I'm speaking generally. So we need a mild, gentle cleanser and moisturizer routine to keep our skin balanced. I got talked into buying this expensive Artistry face cleanser and moisturizer set from someone which honestly cost me an organ each time I had to buy that evil 2 oz bottle which would run out faster than my money but I used it for about 1.5 years until my skin 'dealer' told me two weeks ago they were discontinuing the product and had some replacement crap coming out with a longer list of ingredients at a higher price. Artistry was ok and it did make a difference but that honestly may just have been my skin finally breathing a sigh of relief because I stopped choking it with salicylic acid unnecessarily. Acid is a serious thing and can seriously alter the pH levels of the skin so don't be stupid like me and stick to some harsh acne wash if you are not getting active pimples but it's more of irritation. The acid may cause over-drying, hence leading to an overcompensation by the sweat glands to produce more oil, and starting the vicious cycle of pore blocking. But since I found out my old product was breathing some of its last breaths, I finally stopped crying and started looking around for some new stuff. From past horrible experiences of trying so many things, I literarily have an actual fear of even so thinking about changing my face products. So this was no joke tough for me. I started reading reviews about everything everywhere. It honestly brought back all those bad memories of trying and wasting money on one thing to another and having nothing work. But so I asked a few people with beautiful skin what kind of product they use and was expecting some response like 'oh this one that has a drop of mermaid tear, a hint of unicorn sweat, and just a dash of Donald Trump's bank account,' but no! They said cetaphil and it's only like $10 at Walmart or Target. And I have extremely sensitive skin, plus I'm an extremely cynical, pessimistic medical student, especially when it comes to trying new things on my skin, so I heavily obsessed and literally contemplated for days on what to do. Then just this past Sunday I went to Target with my sister and decided to muster the courage to buy this stuff. It's amazing how I don't hesitate cutting into people as a surgical student but when it comes to skin care, I am a wuss, but anyhow so we stood there for quite a while until I was about to just ditch the whole idea and my sister was getting pissed off at my indecisiveness but we finally picked up the fountain of clear skin packed in the blue and green bottle cetaphil daily facial cleanser and moisturizer with spf 15 and came home. I started using it that very day and only wash my face at night to not over dry it too much and it's been 4 days and no joke someone actually told me my face is 'glowing.' Who would have thought??! Moral of the story: Everyone is different so this may have a slight chance for not working on you but it's made for sensitive skin, and I am living proof of that. I can't even wear any makeup around my cheeks or chin or forehead otherwise I'll break out so I NEED to have good skin naturally and this helps. It has been only 4 washes and it's done an amazing job. I also recommend the moisturizer with spf because our skin can age early and have a lot of sun damage.... Go Cetaphil. For life!

on 1/3/2016 10:15:00 PM

This product was recommended to me by a family member and I LOVE it! I will never use another face wash.. its so gentle, yet does its job completely. I had a nasty pimple pop up on my face Friday and by Sunday morning it is almost completely gone! Very impressive imo. I have very finicky skin and a lot of cleansers burn my skin when I use them.. this does not. It does dry out your skin a little bit, but throw on some moisturizer after using it and you're good to go!

on 8/22/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: I had been using it for years without issue until 2015. Kept my skin clear of cystic acne on its own, removed every last stitch of my makeup efficiently & didn't dry me out. Cons: none of the above is true for this product anymore. I never even realized it, but this product doesn't get the makeup off completely!! I am using the same foundation & powder I have been for 2 years. With my most recent purchase of Cetaphil, my face started breaking out rapidly. I attributed this to my stress level, hormones changing, etc. but one thing was undeniably true: every time I removed my eye makeup, a little foundation from my cheeks ended up on the tissue. Curious, I tried my makeup remover on my face and sure enough, my face wasn't clean. Since I have started this routine of following up my first face wash with the makeup remover? No more acne. No other changes in stress level or diet either that I can attribute to this change so quickly. Word of caution to the wise: this 10-year user of Cetaphil will sadly be moving on! :(

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

I'll never go back to any other facial cleansers!

This one is absolutely amazing for my normal skin. It has less breakout and it kind of fades my acne scars. Awesome product. Will definitely repurchase. (I'm already using my second bottle now!) <3

on 11/30/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I liked the smell of this product and it doesn't foam up a lot but kind of a good amount. It also doesn't make my skin feel dry after using it. Feels clean and non-drying but doesn't feel like it deep cleans.