Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

I really wanted to like this product because of its amazing reviews but I don’t understand the hype?

First of all, I used this and the third day of using it I had red spots all over my face? Like all over, and I have really clear skin . It was really weird it wasn’t like acne spots or anything it was under my skin and it was itchy a little. I’m assuming I’m allergic to it. I stopped as soon as possible and went back to my Cerave Foaming wash and it cleared up within two hours which was really weird.

I rarely breakout, my acne is well under control right now so those spots were really strange. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before using this.

Second, I have this app called “get dirty” and it tells you all the true ingredients in a face wash and this one. Omg. It’s so bad you guys. There are so many parabens in this that are extremely toxic and cancer causing. The toxicity rating on the app for this product is so bad and is a 10! How is this product allowed on the market!? I looked up other drugstore face washes to compare like the Cerave and Neutrogena, Biore, Vanicream, Purpose. None of their products were bad like Cetaphil’s daily washes ingredients. Stop using this crap. Nothing in it is beneficial for your skin. It’s full of toxic parabens and has common allergen ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, I like cerevae a little more but cetaphil is a little more readily available. Consistency is very light, feels amazing on my skin, and is very light. Great product but if you have acne prone skin, you need to add something after this. This is unmedicated and just makes your face feel clean.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this stuff. I suffer from eczema flare ups occasionally especially when Im stressed or seasons change. I was about to make a doctor apt with my dermatologist then I searched eczema prone cleansers and this appeared. Before I tried this I had fine small red rash around my nose. I used this cleaners every morning and within maybe a week the bumps had disappeared and the redness had decreased. I was extremely happy I didn't have to spend a fortune on a doctor apt to make my redness disappear. Now this stuff doesn't foam up a lot but I have learned with sensitive skin less foam is better. It does have a slight fragrance but it doesn't bother me at all. For the price of this cleaners and the fact it does what it claims to do. I am more than pleased and plan to repurchase.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

on 2/21/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice cleanser, good price, doesn't dry up skin. I just think is as good as many others. My husband loves it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this cleanser because people keep raving about it on Youtube and on forums, so I caved and decided to try it out for myself. Used this with my clarisonic cleansing tool and it made my skin more oily than it naturally is, causing my skin to break out very badly. Once I stopped using this my skin has cleared up.

on 7/15/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a basic facial cleanser that is very good and doesn't strip my skin. I accidentally grabbed this about 6 months ago in the normal to oily skin version when I am dry skin. I didn't realize it until I used it. Alas, nothing to worry about. It didn't do any stripping or drying out of my already dry skin.

It cleansed it gently without causing any irritation with my rosacea. It removes my makeup well also without any problems. Great product and as you can see, I still have the same bottle with the pump 6 months later and use it daily. Little goes a long way. Definitely will buy again and again.

on 7/9/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I picked up a bottle for $7 after running out of my hg dermalogica and not having the cash to replace it. I have to say, i dont think i need to rush out anymore to get it. This is doing the job quite well and i think i expected it not to work because of the price being cheap but it hasnt given me any bad side effects aka dryness irritation or breakouts and it removes my makeup too. This is kind of a first impressions review so if your tossing up whether to try it or not i say give it a go it may work for you too!

I enjoy mild cleansers since I have very pale skin. This is a great product for those that have sensitive skin. I don't feel like I get enough out of it. It is not a great stand alone product unless you just aren't prone to breakouts. If you have acne, you need to stack this with something "medicated"

It does clean the face without any irritation but its just not strong enough for me.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Works ok as a non foaming cleanser but it burned and irritated my skin. No breakouts just too strong SLS for my sensitive oily skin.