Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Other
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

Beware, does not work for everyone. Years ago, I used cetaphil and was happy with it as a gentle cleanser. I bought a huge bottle of this recently and used it for several weeks. I broke out into white bumps all over my forehead and t zone, which never happens to me usually. When I stopped using this and started using cerave cleanser, my skin went back to normal, no more bumps. I don't know what to do with such a large bottle because it's too harsh for me, use it as hand soap maybe.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser is really good and cleans really well.

One of my all time favorites!!! Goes on so smooth, is light, is cheap, and does a great job at cleansing. Tip: Use with a warm washcloth after your face is already heated up and your pores are open. Immediately put on medication or creams after patting dry.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously amazing. I am 30 and had really bad skin in my teenage years. Thru my 20's my skin was great. However in the last several months my skin had started breaking out really ad. So I had started using Rodan and Fields on face acne cleanser and it seemed to make it worse. Was reading reviews on what to use. I bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and it has been awesome! My skin is smoother and it cost me like $7 at Wal Mart. It doesn't burn when I wash it either. Awesome stuff. It may not work for everyone but I say it's worth a shot for $7

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

on 11/12/2013 5:41:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! It changed my skin completely it reduced my acne so much and my oils disappeared. I've tried lots of other cleansers but nine compare to this ! If your looking for a cleanser you should definitely buy this product!

on 10/28/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I am much more of a Cerave girl. I have mentioned in my other review I like Cerave much more and it just feels better and absorbs better in my face.

Cetaphil feels like it doesn't absorb and wash like I would like

on 10/13/2013 1:33:00 AM

I love Cetaphil. This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to think it only came in the "gentle" variety which I hated because it always left my skin feeling super oily, but when I discovered this, I reluctantly gave it a try and THANK GOODNESS. Mad props to Cetaphil for understanding that not everyone who has sensitive skin has DRY skin! Some of us have very oily, acne-prone skin and it's incredibly difficult to find products that work because the acne-fighting ones irritate our skin and the sensitive ones don't cleanse efficiently enough. This cleanser is truly the best of both worlds.

The wash itself is a clear, gel-like liquid with a very mild, pleasant scent-- almost like lavender (don't worry, sensitive skin comrades, it's doesn't contain fragrance or anything like that). Cetaphil is weird because it doesn't really get super foamy (it gets like... moderately foamy) but that's because it's technically not a soap. It's non-comedogenic. Anyway, I use two pumps and mix it around in my hand a bit to stimulate the foam before gently slathering it over my face. When I'm having some serious acne issues, I like to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off because it is magical and acts almost like a mask. You can feel it working. When I rinse it off and splash cold water on my face, my skin is literally glowing. It just feels so good to wash all the grease off of my face with this after a long day! It removes makeup flawlessly too.

If you use prescription acne products, like I do, it's also really smart to play it safe and use a cleanser that is 100% dermatologist recommended. Once I started using this, I noticed a huge difference in my overall complexion. My acne, which once dominated my face, is now virtually nonexistant and I have Cetaphil to thank.

on 9/29/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried after really good reviews. Didn't like oh well.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

this is a gentle cleanser, its a little bit drying but it keeps my skin clear! Good luck :)