Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

I'm still not sure how I feel about this cleanser yet. I generally like very foamy cleansers & while this does foam up better then regular Cetaphil, it quickly goes away once it hits your face. Although, it did pass my after washing toner test, there was nothing on the cottonball telling me that it did a great job removing makeup & dirt. And my face feels much smoother & softer, I guess I'll have to get used to that not a lot of lather feel. :P

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

My dermatologist recommended I use this facial cleanser in conjuction with my prescription acne medications (Differin gel & Benzaclin gel) and I love it! It leavs my sensitive/combination skin squeeky clean, although in the winter months, I find I need a dab of moisturizer on my cheeks. I like the scent of this cleanser, it reminds me of "clean," although I've read others find it offensive. I also love that this comes in a pump dispenser, definitely more convenient & you can control how much you use much more easily.

on 3/8/2003 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Like it, but the smell is rather strange, almost like hairspray! I think it is a good cleanser however, and it seem to do a good job removing makeup.

on 3/20/2003 10:42:00 PM

I have been using this since may 2002, and it never broke me out. My skin can be crazy! It's all normal, when suddenly out of nowhere i can wake up with a pimple under my skin. Since i began using this, i noticed a lot less of those nasty little morning "surprises". Removes makeup and eye-makeup nicely!

on 4/11/2003 1:10:00 PM

I should have looked more closely when I bought this product. Why would they put CASTOR OIL in a product for oily skin?! I would wash my face in the morning and my nose would still be oily! And forget about removing makeup! I used it for a few weeks because I felt bad about wasting it, but after a horrible breakout it just had to go!

on 7/4/2003 4:10:00 AM

The good: If you have very oily skin that is not overly sensitive, you may very well love this cleanser! It really gets the oil out. It did a good job cleansing my oily t-zone.

The bad: First of all, it overdried my already dry cheeks. That in turn made them so much oilier! Second, I do not like the fragrance. When I bought this I didn't read the package closely enough. I just assumed that it would be fragrance free like the original Cetaphil. Another thing is you have to really rinse a lot to get all the stuff off your face. There are these tiny little bubbles that just don't wanna go! Lastly, the stuff is so watery that I tend to use a lot and it ran out in a little over a month.

For my sensitive skin, I would not buy this again.

on 12/26/2003 9:53:00 PM

At first it seemed to tone down some redness but then it breaks me out like crazy....
Really irritating and drying (and I have combination skin!) edit: used it i was 17 or 18 years old. update 4.juli/2006: can't remember if I had the normal to oily skin cleanser version or the normal one or is it for dry skin? cetaphil it's very good i learned, i used it without any cream or sunscreen on top, and without toner or tonic! tones down redness, makes my skin look wonderful and beautiful love cetaphil outstanding don't know if i'll use it again though

on 1/22/2004 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good general cleanser with a good amount of product and a great pump dispenser. Great for use in the shower! Takes off everything, dirt, grime, make-up, even eyeliner and mascara! This stuff has helped clear my skin of acne, and gives me a soft glow. I love it!