Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Beware, does not work for everyone. Years ago, I used cetaphil and was happy with it as a gentle cleanser. I bought a huge bottle of this recently and used it for several weeks. I broke out into white bumps all over my forehead and t zone, which never happens to me usually. When I stopped using this and started using cerave cleanser, my skin went back to normal, no more bumps. I don't know what to do with such a large bottle because it's too harsh for me, use it as hand soap maybe.

One of my all time favorites!!! Goes on so smooth, is light, is cheap, and does a great job at cleansing. Tip: Use with a warm washcloth after your face is already heated up and your pores are open. Immediately put on medication or creams after patting dry.

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

on 11/12/2013 5:41:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! It changed my skin completely it reduced my acne so much and my oils disappeared. I've tried lots of other cleansers but nine compare to this ! If your looking for a cleanser you should definitely buy this product!

on 10/13/2013 1:33:00 AM

I love Cetaphil. This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to think it only came in the "gentle" variety which I hated because it always left my skin feeling super oily, but when I discovered this, I reluctantly gave it a try and THANK GOODNESS. Mad props to Cetaphil for understanding that not everyone who has sensitive skin has DRY skin! Some of us have very oily, acne-prone skin and it's incredibly difficult to find products that work because the acne-fighting ones irritate our skin and the sensitive ones don't cleanse efficiently enough. This cleanser is truly the best of both worlds.

The wash itself is a clear, gel-like liquid with a very mild, pleasant scent-- almost like lavender (don't worry, sensitive skin comrades, it's doesn't contain fragrance or anything like that). Cetaphil is weird because it doesn't really get super foamy (it gets like... moderately foamy) but that's because it's technically not a soap. It's non-comedogenic. Anyway, I use two pumps and mix it around in my hand a bit to stimulate the foam before gently slathering it over my face. When I'm having some serious acne issues, I like to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off because it is magical and acts almost like a mask. You can feel it working. When I rinse it off and splash cold water on my face, my skin is literally glowing. It just feels so good to wash all the grease off of my face with this after a long day! It removes makeup flawlessly too.

If you use prescription acne products, like I do, it's also really smart to play it safe and use a cleanser that is 100% dermatologist recommended. Once I started using this, I noticed a huge difference in my overall complexion. My acne, which once dominated my face, is now virtually nonexistant and I have Cetaphil to thank.

So i have dry flaky skin, and when i was told to try this i didn't think that it would do my skin any good because i also had a lot of acne. After using it for the first week i noticed my skin got way softer and my acne started to fade and after about 3 weeks i swear i didn't have a zit on my face. Its incredible but i suggest if you start to use it that you don't use it for a bit and leave it thats what we tend to do with some of our products. After 3 weeks i was so happy with the results i started recommending it to everyone then i got lazy and stopped using it, so my acne and dry skin came back. I now use it daily because it really does do wonders.

on 6/24/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ive been using dove soap for sensitive skin for my face for years. One day I went over to my parent's house for a sleep over and seen this in her bathroom and tried it out for the 2 days I stayed there and immediately (the first day I used it!) I found that my skin was so much more smoother and it would take longer for my skin to become oily again! My skin is very oily ... if you have oily skin you should try it out... it wont dry out your skin like other soaps/cleanser for oily skin, it'll leave your skin smooth, not oily (keep it like that for longer then normal) and feel really soft, only downside is the price $23.00 plus taxes for the big bottle, I bought it on my way back to my house and YES i would buy it again.

on 5/10/2012 2:20:00 AM

This makes me break out... ;-(

on 4/10/2012 8:55:00 PM

Recommendation's:
-Use with another acne treating product( I use clearasil face wash after i use cetaphil.)
-Apply lotion after use

Good-
-Removes makeup easily
-pimples fade within first few uses
-smell is terrible
-easy twist pump
-large bottle

Bad-
-using another acne clearing product with it, is recommended by me
-drys out skin (as most washes do)

Overall, I recommend you buy it; also pick up a bottle of clearasil NEW ultra face wash and use after you use cetaphil (morning and night) then apply lotion. (Clearasil is around $5-$7)

on 6/15/2011 11:03:00 PM

Pretty good cleanser for normal skin. I've been using this for about a year now. It removes all my makeup in one wash and helps keep my skin clear. I love the big pump it comes in and I have them in my shower and bathroom. Smells clean and not too strong. Nothing really special about this cleanser but it works for me so I've continued to repurchase! I still get the occasional pimple but I've never had a problem with acne. This is a staple in my skin care routine :)