Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this cleanser! My mom and I have noticed such a difference in our skin after washing our face with this every morning and night. Our skin feels so much softer. I LOVE using this in the morning before I put my makeup on because I don't feel I have to use a primer - this gives me the nice clean face I want!

Plus, it's super gentle, which means no harsh ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and my mom has rosacea and we have had no problems with this!

on 10/15/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been using this cleanser for a little over a year and I never realized that it was a cause for my acne until I looked at the ingredients. I purchased this item in the beginning because it seemed like a gentle cleanser and it got all round good reviews but when I used it, I would notice it would harshly strip my skin of all its oils and leave me surprisingly dry and the moisturizers I would put on wasn't enough to compensate for the oil that was stripped away. One random day, I found a website called CosDNA (which I really recommend) and checked the ingredients of this product and found that it had parabens, fragrance, and worst of all sulfates. After I saw that, I immediately dumped this cleanser because my acne is linked to oil production and when I used this 'gentle cleanser' my face would be extremely dry and as a result my skin would overproduce oils which caused worse acne. So overall, it was harsh for me despite having oily skin and I would recommend cleansers that don't have sulfates.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 9/1/2017 2:48:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser after trying so many out. I used to love origins checks and balances but it was too drying. Once I started oil cleansing, I use this to remove the oil and I'm left without any makeup or dryness. The packaging isn't cute at all but this product is so simple and exactly what I need to remove makeup and oil.

on 10/6/2017 4:26:00 PM

This cleanser does everything it says it does except it does still dry out my skin. Still have to apply mosturizer after. It is a little pricey too, the smaller one costs $8 and the larger one $12. Definitely only buy this when it's on sale, since there are daily cleansers that do what they say they will do for a better price.

on 10/13/2017 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Favorite face wash. I have sensitive skin and the doctor recommended this to me after many years of buying products to wash my face with but ended up being irritated. Cetaphil not only washes my makeup off, but it also really deep cleans. It leaves my face feeling soft and freshly cleaned as opposed to dry and irritated. You also get a lot for what you pay for. You don't need many pumps - maybe 2 at most and it works its magic. I say this because I've used products that needed 3 or 4 pumps just to get my face cleaned but Cetaphil does the job great. I love it.

on 8/20/2017 12:44:00 PM

Disappointed in this cleanser, less than average, very low foaming, i'm still having breakouts when i'm using it, it does nothing to the skin, at least a little glow after using it would be appreciated .. and it's considered expensive taking in consideration it's less than average... i'm not buying it again.

This cleanser is probably the most basic face wash. Doesn't dry me out and feels like it cleans my face. It doesn't feel like a deep clean but I never feel that unless I am doing a scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

When I was in high school my sisters always used the cetaphil for normal to dry skin (the milky white one) and I hated it. It had the texture of snot and didn't do anything. I had acne and used what my Dermatologist recommended, the Neutrogena acne wash. Years later I discovered they had another version, the one for normal to oily skin. Its a clear cleanser and has a more traditional soap texture (I just can't handle slime on my face...). It cleans without stripping, doesn't break me out. It does an ok job with makeup but other's do better. I used this for a while but then an esthetician flipped out on me for using it. So I tried cerave for a while which I like except it's a little on the slimy side and it burns sometimes.

on 6/15/2017 12:32:00 PM

Since I'm using this my skin is better , love it !