Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Beware, does not work for everyone. Years ago, I used cetaphil and was happy with it as a gentle cleanser. I bought a huge bottle of this recently and used it for several weeks. I broke out into white bumps all over my forehead and t zone, which never happens to me usually. When I stopped using this and started using cerave cleanser, my skin went back to normal, no more bumps. I don't know what to do with such a large bottle because it's too harsh for me, use it as hand soap maybe.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I thought this cleanser was great but after using it for a while my skin started burning and flaking. I thought that my sensitivity was due to the weather or some other product I'd be using but I stopped using the cleanser and my skin cleared up. I didn't really think anything of it until I gave the cleanser to my sister and she told me the next day that it burned her skin too. My skin is very sensitive so I figured it was just me but my sister doesn't have sensitive skin at all. I will never use a Cetaphil cleanser again (I don't like the gentle one either) but they do make great moisturizers!

on 4/4/2016 9:33:00 PM

I'm going to share a piece of advice that saved my skin. Chuck this in the bin. And toss whatever other Cetaphil products you have lurking in the bathroom with it. Since age 13 I have battled with really painful awful cystic acne that just kept getting worse even as I got into my 30s. It was demoralising (and expensive) to have to constantly live under heavy makeup. I put it down to hormones. One day a skin therapist asked me if I used Cetaphil. I said yep, always have, after all it's dermatologist recommended and great for oily problem skin. She said most of her new clients with ongoing skin issues used it and promised me if I threw it out, my skin would improve. So I did. And instead I used natural sulphate free face washes. I got over my fear of using oils and embraced organic rosehip oil products. Six months later my skin is 100% blemish free. It's never been this good. I'm amazed at the difference. The moral of the story is just because it's marketed as the cure, doesn't make it so. Cetaphil is cheap, nasty and loaded with alcohol and chemicals that will only make your skin worse. I'm not saying stopping using it will work as well for you as it did for me but it's a good start!

on 3/25/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My mistake was thinking because I have combination skin this would work for me. I was terribly wrong. This product dried out my skin so bad that my skin became cracked and painful especially around my cheeks. I had to use a heavy moisturizers right after using his product to try to ease the discomfort as this product stripped my skin so badly. Would not buy this product again sadly.

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

This cleanser is so mild it barely gets the dirt off your face. I washed my face with this then followed up with my toner and there was so much dirt on the cotton pad, more than I had ever experienced from any other cleanser. I won't try Cetaphil again.

I have combination skin, and this cleanser did not work for me. I tried it for a month and not only did I have blemishes but I felt like my face wasn't being cleaned properly. For the amount of money I spent I would have rather purchased a high end cleanser.

on 8/22/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: I had been using it for years without issue until 2015. Kept my skin clear of cystic acne on its own, removed every last stitch of my makeup efficiently & didn't dry me out. Cons: none of the above is true for this product anymore. I never even realized it, but this product doesn't get the makeup off completely!! I am using the same foundation & powder I have been for 2 years. With my most recent purchase of Cetaphil, my face started breaking out rapidly. I attributed this to my stress level, hormones changing, etc. but one thing was undeniably true: every time I removed my eye makeup, a little foundation from my cheeks ended up on the tissue. Curious, I tried my makeup remover on my face and sure enough, my face wasn't clean. Since I have started this routine of following up my first face wash with the makeup remover? No more acne. No other changes in stress level or diet either that I can attribute to this change so quickly. Word of caution to the wise: this 10-year user of Cetaphil will sadly be moving on! :(

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Every single time you read anything about acne or sensitive skin, cetaphil is mentioned. Not sure why, I'm the poster child for acne prone and extremely oily sensitive skin ;( This did absolutely nothing for. It made my face feel dirty like I hadn't washed it properly. Depending on the time of the month (skin is extra sensitive during cycle) it would cause a sting on my face. Would not ever use again.