Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/10/2001 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Cool

I didn't like this cleanser at all! I have combo skin and wanted to get something a little stronger than regular Cetaphil for the summer. It dried out my face and made it all red and itchy. The smell really bothered me too, it was very strong.

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

on 7/7/2003 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, I know loads of people have slammed the scent of this but I actually like it! Kinda clean, kinda light floral - It's sure a YMMV thing! It works wonderfully on my normal skin, and really cleans without stripping. Takes makeup off well, and rinses nicely! I'll absolutely buy this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I neither hate nor love this stuff. My only gripe is that I never feel as if it has rinsed completely off my face.

on 4/2/2004 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've used. It's non-drying/stripping, yet removes all my makeup, and rinses clean, leaving my face clean and not irritated. I love it and will buy it again and again.

on 9/2/2004 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have normal/dry skin and I really like this cleanser for morning use. It is great to remove small traces of oil that have collected on the face while I was sleeping, but don't expect it to remove any makup! I have noticed that if I stray from it in the mornings, my face starts to break out a bit. I am staying with this product until my skin decides it is ready to move on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great. for years I had skin on the dry side, but recently have tended toward oily. Either way, this product is fabulous for me. I feel it is non-irritating and really cleans. I really prefer this one to the original, gentle one. that one is too gentle for my tastes. I would suggest this one even if your skin is dry (unless you're super, ridiculously dry).

One thing I should add is most days I don't wear a ton of makeup, (just blush, hihglighter) so maybe that's why some people don't like it. although even on weekends, i think this gets off most of the makeup.

on 6/21/2006 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I did like that this cleanser was very gentle and didn't irritate my very sensitive skin. However, it did not feel clean enough and did not remove my makeup effectively.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow this is definitely the best cleanser i have EVER used so far. I have been through many products within the past year and i have settled for this. One of my friends used this and she said she loved it, but after i tried the cetaphil lotion on my skin, i was a bit skeptical to try this. the price isn't bad and the way the product goes on is a bit weird. i like cleansers that foam up a lot, and this felt a bit more slimier than other cleanser but when you rinse it off you feel clean and refreshed. my skin is minimally red.. my skin gets very irritated easily, and i have very sensitive skin, but this didn't irritate it at all. i have combination, acne-prone skin and i do see results within using this in the past week. i use this in the morning and at night, i refuse to use anything else now.

I always use cetaphil, and by accident I picked up this one instead of the normal gentle skin cleanser. This totally wrecked my skin. I would not reccomend it for anyone with gentle skin. Because I usually have dry skin and this made it more dry. And it kind of stings and does not leave my face feeling soft like the original formula.