Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 12/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for years. I have sensitive, reactive skin. Cetaphil is very gentle and pleasant to use. I cleanse twice a day. In the morning, I use the Cetaphil lotion cleanser and in the evening I use the Cetaphil cleansing bar. I save a lot of money using the bar formula of this cleanser.

on 2/3/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 months now and must say it's the most gentle, non-drying cleanser I've ever used I'd tried the regular Cetaphil Gentle Daily Cleanser but found that one didn't do a good job at removing makeup at all, so decided to give this one a try. Even though it says it's for Normal to Oily Skin, it does not strip my face or make my dry patches (in winter) drier.

Many so-called "gentle" cleansers leave my face feeling tight (still haven't figured out what ingredient causes this for me!) but not this one. I've also found I don't need to use a toner after washing with this cleanser.

Seems pricey but you get a BIG bottle for your money, and even using it 2x/day a bottle will last me for months. Love this!

on 6/19/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I *love* this stuff. I loved it even before I started my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and the Cetaphil over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Cetaphil could be a tiny bit less detergent-y (leaves my skin a little squeakier than I'd like), but the jojoba oil takes care of that for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the price come down either.

Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This receives usually very good comments. So I bought it. And because it comes in a large bottle, the commitment to use it, is long. I don't like returning products because in the long run, that just causes to raise the prices by the company-I have noticed that with CVS lately, where the cosmetic prices are outrageous because now they have to cover returns.
I wish this worked for me.
It cause breakouts-both versions.
It did not take off my make up
I tried it mixed with a salicylic acid cleanser and that worked to control my acne a bit.
I rather not buy a cleanser where I have to mix two items to get results

on 4/20/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I thought this was going to be a really good product. It is awful. It smells so bad that I had to wash my face a second time to get the smell off. It left my face feeling dry and tight, not clean. I sure would not recommend this to anyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser was too strong for my oily skin, and left it feeling stripped, tight and dry. It did effectively and efficiently remove physical sunscreen with only one wash.
The smell was medicinal, but acceptable. I assume (do not recall) that it is fragrance-free, so the smell is not a problem.
I have very sensitive skin, and did not have any problem with redness or allergic bumps.
I will continue to use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser until I find a cleanser that is both gentle and efficient.