Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 36-43
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

on 12/30/2002 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many fabulous reviews about this cleanser I decided to try it. It may be cheap but that is where my excitement ends. I washed my face and it was so dry and tight afterwards. It felt as if this cleanser sucked every drop of moisture from my skin. I will be returning this to the drug store and getting my money back ASAP.

on 3/26/2003 3:19:00 PM

A good basic cleanser that removes makeup and leaves skin smooth and normal (not drying at all). A small amount is all that's needed. For the price, it can't be beat - spend your money on good moisturizers and foundations -

on 7/4/2003 8:52:00 PM

I had tried the original Cetaphil and was NOT impressed. This, however, is an entirely different product. Two pumps is usually enough to take off my makeup and cleanse my face without stripping it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This cleanser worked better for my than the original version, but the fragrance is too strong and overwhelming. For a line that is made for sensitive skin and recommended by dermatologists, I don't see why such a cloying fragrance is necessary. And the ingredients list "fragrance" among them, so this fragrance has been added. Did this cleanser smell so bad that they needed to add a masking fragrance to it? I *might* consider using it again because it cleaned my skin well enough, but I can't stand the smell.

on 4/27/2004 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice product with very good packaging (pump). It lasts a long time. My skin is on the oily side and this does a good (but not great) job of cleansing and doesn't break me out. If you have very sensitive skin or use it more than once a day it may be a little drying.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is wonderful on my greasy acne scarred face. This clear cleanser does not foam much nor does it have a pretty scent, but it does clean my face real well without stripping it or leaving a residue. I have not experienced any irritation or breakouts from using Cetaphil. I have noticed if you have stubborn make-up on, it helps to wash with a washcloth or wash twice. My only complaint is that the pump is a little flimsy for me.

on 10/7/2004 2:25:00 AM

I hate the way this product smells! The pump doesnt pump enough so I had to pump it 2-3 times which caused bottle to fall over. I liked regular cetaphil cleanser but want something to foam up a little. I'm on a search for great smelling great foaming non irritating cleanser-this isnt it.

on 10/16/2004 8:17:00 PM

Works well on my mostly normal skin - doesn't feel greasy and doesn't strip my skin. Definitely a HG for me!

UPDATE: I've been using this for years now, but my skin has other needs - firming, softening, etc. and I have moved on to other cleansers... but it was decent when I was in my 30s

on 10/28/2004 12:23:00 PM

altough this *might* be a so so cleanser, the SMELL....ugh!
the fragrance in this is SO strong, & in my opinion does not smell good either. stronger than some perfumes I have smelled!

on 10/31/2004 11:57:00 PM

This is a totally worthless product. It made me break out like crazy. Of course dermatologists recommend this - it sends more business their way! Don't use this product unless you're attempting to make a fashion statement with a face full of zits!