Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 36-43
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

on 8/20/2017 12:44:00 PM

Disappointed in this cleanser, less than average, very low foaming, i'm still having breakouts when i'm using it, it does nothing to the skin, at least a little glow after using it would be appreciated .. and it's considered expensive taking in consideration it's less than average... i'm not buying it again.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

on 6/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

Before using this product my aging, acne driven, combination, inflamed skin was terrible. I made some serious changes to diet, and overall health before trying this product. I've paid 5x this for other cleansers, organic cleansers, brushes, masks, facials. This one product cleaned my skin gently enough to eliminate my acne. Previously each product I used was foaming in some way, this is the first lotion cleanser I can recall ever using. In short, I hardly have any breakouts now, cystic acne has all but disappeared and my skin looks better than ever. Not every product is for every person, but in my case, and that of my teenage daughter, this facial cleanser is the best we've ever used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried so many cleansers for my acne-prone skin over the past years but never could find one that I could remain loyal to. I've finally settled on this one as being the best one for me since it doesn't overly dry my skin or cause it to break out. It's not the greatest at removing makeup the first time, so I usually find myself cleansing my face a second time just to make sure I've removed it all. Occasionally, I will mix this cleanser with regular table salt to exfoliate my skin. This is the only cleanser I've used for the past year and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

on 7/22/2014 10:10:00 AM

I've been using this cleanser for at least 7 years now and it's been the best. It removes make up well and it doesn't dry out my skin. I have combination to oily skin. It's perfect.

on 7/15/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a basic facial cleanser that is very good and doesn't strip my skin. I accidentally grabbed this about 6 months ago in the normal to oily skin version when I am dry skin. I didn't realize it until I used it. Alas, nothing to worry about. It didn't do any stripping or drying out of my already dry skin.

It cleansed it gently without causing any irritation with my rosacea. It removes my makeup well also without any problems. Great product and as you can see, I still have the same bottle with the pump 6 months later and use it daily. Little goes a long way. Definitely will buy again and again.

on 7/12/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this cleanser the most over the past 10 years or so. I like it because it's a gentle product, not claiming to perform any miracles. It's a steady workhorse in my routine, and especially great because it's so affordable, easily available at any Walmart/Target/CVS, and you really get a lot in each bottle.
I have oily skin with acne, dry patches and some lines. I'm not expecting a cleanser to do anything more than gently and effectively clean my face - I rely on other products to address my specific skin concerns. This product IS scented, but I'm not sensitive to scents and it just smells softly like Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I have relied on this cleanser in the past to remove my eye makeup (because I'm cheap and lazy :-)) and it did alright, but I've been using Huggies brand baby wipes recently and that does a much better job. I LOVE the pump bottle because it's so convenient in the shower and quick to use. The only issue with the pump is that it's difficult to get every last bit of product out of the bottle, but I'm fine with that trade-off.
I can't imagine this ever being irritating to my skin, although I guess some people might have issues. I've used this product throughout sunburns, breakouts, and before/after MUAC skin peels (haven't tried the TCA yet, though) and it's been gentle enough for that. I like this product and will probably continue to repurchase indefinitely!

on 5/11/2014 3:20:00 PM

I have tried this cleanser several times over the years in hopes to make it work. Unfortunately, I have to "Throw in the towel". Initially it works so well and cleans my skin great, but over time I start to get flakey skin. I gave it 4 lippies because this is an awesome cleanser for someone with the intended skin type "Normal to Oily". It removes make up. I like it enough to have tried it several times. It just isn't for me personally because apparently I need something more moisturizing. I think if you have the intended skin type, this is definitely worth a try. It does have a masking fragrance, that I personally like. Some may not.

on 3/20/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading a few reviews and articles about how well it worked. After using it for a few weeks I'm now hooked!

I have combination/oily skin that is sensitive and I also have some mild acne and rosacea, so problem skin all around. I have tried several expensive brands and gentle brands. For a while I was using products from The Body Shop and they worked ok. I picked Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser up on my last trip to Ulta and I'm so glad I did.

I liked it after using it the first time but I wanted to see how well it would perform after using it regularly. It's now been almost a month and I use it daily. My skin is clearer and seems to produce less oil. I use 1 pump all over my face and neck and follow with a toner for sensitive skin and light moisturizer. It leaves my skin clean and dirt free without feeling dry and tight. There is a slight scent but nothing bad, in fact I kind of like it because it's not really flowery like some others are.

I wish I had tried this years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of money on trying expensive brands. I will definitely buy this again. In fact I'll probably get another bottle to leave in my shower.

on 10/28/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I am much more of a Cerave girl. I have mentioned in my other review I like Cerave much more and it just feels better and absorbs better in my face.

Cetaphil feels like it doesn't absorb and wash like I would like