Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 30-35
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

4.5

on 9/2/2004 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have normal/dry skin and I really like this cleanser for morning use. It is great to remove small traces of oil that have collected on the face while I was sleeping, but don't expect it to remove any makup! I have noticed that if I stray from it in the mornings, my face starts to break out a bit. I am staying with this product until my skin decides it is ready to move on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great. for years I had skin on the dry side, but recently have tended toward oily. Either way, this product is fabulous for me. I feel it is non-irritating and really cleans. I really prefer this one to the original, gentle one. that one is too gentle for my tastes. I would suggest this one even if your skin is dry (unless you're super, ridiculously dry).

One thing I should add is most days I don't wear a ton of makeup, (just blush, hihglighter) so maybe that's why some people don't like it. although even on weekends, i think this gets off most of the makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great basic cleanser, it really takes care of oil. A word of caution if you have dry skin, don't use this everyday and make sure to moisturize if you do. If you have acne this works great.

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

Video Reviews & Tutorials