Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/11/2001 8:24:00 PM

Cetaphil's Cleanser for Oily Skin is my skincare holy grail! I have sensitive, combination skin which is prone to breakouts. This cleanser does not dry me out and is very gentle and soothing. It takes off all my makeup (I *gently* rub my eyelashes). I love this cleanser!

on 9/4/2001 10:57:00 PM

I used to look for cleansers with all kinds of fancy ingredients in them, but after using Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser I am starting to believe many MUAers' claims that less is more when it comes to a cleanser. All I know is that I've got cleansers from four other (high end) brands sitting in my shower, and almost every time I go to wash my face I reach for the Cetaphil instead. It cleans thoroughly and gently without stripping or irritating my skin, it's easy to dispense because of the pump it comes with, and it only costs like $5!! I've noticed that because the Cetaphil is so gentle, my skin actually feels less oily during the day because it doesn't have to compensate for the stripping it was getting from my old cleansers. Those Origins and Awake tubes might just sit in my shower forever!!! The only minor thing I have to complain about is that I don't really like the smell of the Cetaphil-- too plasticky. But I'm getting used to it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hmm...i wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work as well for me as my beloved oil of olay daily facials. i liked the pump dispenser, but there was nothing extraordinary about this product, and it made my combo skin feel a bit dry & tight after a week of using it. i guess this is what i get for cheating on my oil of olay daily facials ;)

on 6/1/2002 11:54:00 AM

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, Cetaphil's Oily Skin cleanser won't quite do the trick. It doesn't foam, it smells odd, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean as I'd like. Skip this and get Sage Facial Shampoo instead. It's pricier, but works much better.

on 8/4/2002 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was strong and it left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. Not so good. I agree with the reviewer a bit below me, in that I would also strongly rec. Sage's Facial Shampoo over this.

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

on 10/14/2002 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't remove all of my makeup and left my skin greasy. It contains mineral oil, which I find quite ironic.

I really had high hopes for this cleanser. Totally disappointing. I am not typically sensitive to scent, but let me tell you this stuff is awful, like a previous reviewer said it smells like laundry detergent. It didn't do a very good job at removing makeup and left my skin feeling irritated and gross. (I thought this was supposed to be gentle, and I don't have very sensitive skin!) I love the Cetaphil lotion for hands and body, but this was one of the worst cleansers I've ever used.

on 1/1/2003 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser not too long ago and ended up throwing it out after using it for a couple of months. I have combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin and it was too drying even for me. An added culprit might have been some other product I was using at the time, but regardless, I did not like this cleanser, period. I prefer Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, but if you're looking for a similar type of foaming cleanser, try Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash.