Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 25-29
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I neither hate nor love this stuff. My only gripe is that I never feel as if it has rinsed completely off my face.

on 4/2/2004 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've used. It's non-drying/stripping, yet removes all my makeup, and rinses clean, leaving my face clean and not irritated. I love it and will buy it again and again.

on 1/26/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this cleanser! I have been using it for about 2 weeks now - and I can see such a huge difference in my skin. It has cleared up my acne, and prevented me from breaking out more. It does not leave my skin feeling 'tight' after using. My skin always feels clean and moisturized. It makes my face feel so good! The scent is nothing special - but this cleanser does it's job! I use it twice a day. When I wear makeup - I wash twice just to make sure it is all off. Great stuff!
Edit: After using this cleanser for a few months, I did not like it. I didn't feel that it was cleaning my face that well - and it did not remove my makeup.

on 11/30/2009 9:49:00 AM

This is a really good facial cleaner. Its soft on the skin and cleans your face nicely! Love It!

on 4/2/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have been using this product for a year. It is okay. I picked the one for normal to oily, thinking it would work with my dry/normal skin. However after I use it my face is very dry and tight. I notice I am very, very dry under my eyes that if I touch there it hurts. I am looking for a cleanser that will not leave my skin dry. I am going to try philosophy purity made simple next.

on 11/27/2010 6:51:00 PM

Great product! I'm on Accutane so my skin isn't oily anymore, but I get clogged pores from non-washable cleansers so I decided to try this one. Also, I'm wearing foundation daily (Revlon PR) and I wanted something that could really cleanse my skin thoroughly. I does the job very well and didn't make my skin dry at all (Neutrogena cleansers did). I take off my eye makeup first and this cleanser takes care of the face makeup (foundation, blush, concealer and sometimes powder) really well. Sometimes I apply a Clarins toner after cleansing and the cotton always comes up clean, so I guess Cetaphil is really cleansing everything I need. Sometimes I use it with Clarisonic MIA.

This used to be my favorite cleanser--very light and gentle until I searched up the chemicals/ingredients and realized that it's not as great as I thought (health-wise): http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/51499/Cetaphil_Daily_Facial_Cleanser_for_Normal_to_Oily_Skin/

I recently switched to Burt's Bees Radiance facial cleanser with royal jelly (more natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals) and it seems to do a great job as a substitute for this product. I would not purchase this product again, given what I know about its ingredients. It is a rather light, gentle, facial cleanser though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this cleanser! I've used this for years and years and it never fails me! Most reviewers on here say that they hate the scent but I actually prefer this scent over most fragranced cleansers. It's a very clean, almost powdery scent that it a little reminiscent of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. I've used this cleanser as a body wash but I have found it to be a touch too drying and I will alternate using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser when my skin gets a little dry. I use 2 pumps in the evening to take off my makeup and I've found that it removes all my eye makeup really well, including mascara! I'm also convinced that although there's no acne medication in the cleanser, I've found that it really clears up my blackheads and hormonal breakouts :)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Works ok as a non foaming cleanser but it burned and irritated my skin. No breakouts just too strong SLS for my sensitive oily skin.