Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 19-24
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used this cleanser for 1.5 months. About a month in, I noticed lots of little bumps on my cheeks, which was weird because my cheeks are very easy to manage and rarely break out. I didn't think much of it at the time because you can't see them - I only felt them while touching my face while cleanser/moisturizing/etc. Then a week later, the bumps surfaced and became almost like a rash. It was nightmarish! It would be an exaggeration to say it ruined my skin, but it did cause some headache. I switched off Cetaphil a week ago and the rash is slowly receding now.

I see that this product does work for many people, but I am sharing my experience as to what might happen. Listen to your skin! If something feels off, stop using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My facial cleanser for almost three months! It contains only eight ingredients and has a pleasant scent. Its not doing a lot of foam if you face its oily but it cleans you can tell by the filling it lets at the end. I have tried so many cleanser and this one is not making my face dry or makes me have breakouts i feel my face hydrated afterwards. Its value for money and not with so much chemicals. If you want something for sensitive combination skin then thats the product you need.

on 10/6/2017 4:26:00 PM

This cleanser does everything it says it does except it does still dry out my skin. Still have to apply mosturizer after. It is a little pricey too, the smaller one costs $8 and the larger one $12. Definitely only buy this when it's on sale, since there are daily cleansers that do what they say they will do for a better price.

on 6/15/2017 12:32:00 PM

Since I'm using this my skin is better , love it !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I thought this cleanser was great but after using it for a while my skin started burning and flaking. I thought that my sensitivity was due to the weather or some other product I'd be using but I stopped using the cleanser and my skin cleared up. I didn't really think anything of it until I gave the cleanser to my sister and she told me the next day that it burned her skin too. My skin is very sensitive so I figured it was just me but my sister doesn't have sensitive skin at all. I will never use a Cetaphil cleanser again (I don't like the gentle one either) but they do make great moisturizers!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser is really good and cleans really well.

on 11/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have young adult acne-prone skin with the cause of it being unknown. My skin goes back and forth from being either dry and patchy or slick and oily. I decided that I wanted to stop using acne-medicated cleansers and try an all-purpose wash. I have only used this product once, so I do not know how it will affect my acne, however, I'll give my first impression. First: the smell is STRONG. It smells like hand sanitizer mixed with some other fragrance. Secondly: this makes my face feel really clean, smooth, and oil free. Third: I wish it had a better lather. Fourth: the bottle is HUGE! Fourth: It can be pricy.

This product definitely has its pros and cons but I like it so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail cleanser; however, this has caused my skin to act weird. Sometimes my skin feels tight and feels slightly irritated if I use too much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went through two bottles of this and I can't say that I've seen any improvements to my skin. It's a functional cleanser - leaves my skin feeling clean, but my skin has seen a pretty bad year and it didn't do much to it. Doesn't do much to control oil either, I've tried going without it for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to give me much of a difference.

Also pretty expensive for the lack of results, would not purchase again.

on 6/29/2016 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A pretty meh product. I heard good things about Cetaphil, but it just didn't wow me. The cleanser doesn't lather which I found weird. I didn't feel like it got into my skin and gave a good clean, which is what I want after a day of wearing makeup. However it did mostly keep my breakouts at bay which is great. I did finish the product but it just wasn't great enough for me to repurchase.