Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.4

I'm a big fan of the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser so when I read in Paula Begoun's "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" that this really was more of an all-skin cleanser and that it removed makeup (which the GSC does not) I purchased it right away. Overall it's a good cleanser, that leaves my skin clean, fresh, and smooth, albeit a little tight. I only have a *few* complaints. It is very watery, and it easily drips into my eyes which (OUCH) hurts. The second is the smell. I nealy barfed when I took a whiff. It reminds me of Oral Phosphates Solution, a liquid laxative I had to take when I was preparing for a colonoscopy. I haven't really decided if I'm going to buy it again, but it's a decent, pretty gentle option for someone with normal-oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good cleanser for normal to oily skin because it is so gentle and non-stripping. My only beef with it has to be the HORRID smell. It smells like cheap cheap perfume and the smell is the only reason i wan't to chuck it, otherwise it would be an absoutely excellent cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I was younger, I had been an on and off user of the Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cethaphil. So as I got older, I started to experience breakouts. So I decided to try the Oily Skin Cleanser (with 5% benzoyle). Compared to my other cleansers that contain (2% salicylic acid), it really did not work as well. Maybe because benzoyl doesn't work well for me, or the product itself doesn't live up to its promises. I really didn't get any results from using this. It made my skin generally soft, and wasn't to bad with oil slicks, but it still didn't help treat or prevent breakouts. It's also a bit pricy for the minimal amount of things it does for your skin. If you don't have reocurrent flare-ups, but have oily skin, this wouldn't be such a bad choice. I would use it in conjunction with the moisturizer.

on 5/2/2003 5:30:00 AM

After numerous recommendations (including one from a dermatologist), I decided to try this. At first, I loved it. It made my skin sooo soft, didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and was sooo cheap! Then, after about three weeks of using it, I started to get tiny skin colored bumps all over my forehead. All of my other skin products were under suspicion but i didn't even consider the cetaphil. Luckily, I read a review on another site and someone else had had the exact same reaction! I haven't touched this stuff since and my forehead is completely clear. I do suggest trying it for yourself because it seems to work for a lot of people.

on 6/16/2003 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised by this product. I'm a teen with oily skin and some acne, so I'd been using the typical teen acne cleanser by Neutrogena or Clean and Clear. But this worked better than any of that stuff! My acne has gotten better and my skin is so soft- it's gentle and feels clean. if i want to really refresh my face i'll rinse off the cleanser with 8-10 splashes of cold water and that really does the trick.

on 7/22/2003 3:49:00 PM

I tried this b/c I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel & I was very surprised to find that I actually like this stuff! This low-lathering gel formula has light, clean scent & cleans all my makeup up easily. It leaves my combo-oily skin feeling clean & smooth, not tight or dry. You get a generous 8 oz for a mere $4, so this is definitely going to be a staple for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have combination skin and a lot of acne but when i tried this since my mom swears by it for her sensitive skin i broke out in horrible, huge, painful zits after only using it 2 times! i threw it out and i recommend that if you have acne DON'T USE THIS

on 10/20/2003 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Packaging is ugly but it works. It's very gentle and doesn't strip away moisture. Works ok at removing makeup and leaves skin soft. Have been using it a few years and love it.

it smells really great and its cleansing too, without drying out my skin and making it flaky like most cleansers do
update: I think the fragrance in this is irritating to my skin. It also does a crappy job of removing makeup. Only people who dont wear makeup should use this

on 10/24/2003 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It leaves your skin feeling really clean and soft. Never irritated my skin.