Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

on 1/8/2019 5:09:00 PM

Omg why haven’t I tried this earlier!!!! I have been using the Gentle Skin Cleanser for ten years and always thought this would be a NO. MySkin is sensitive and I was afraid of this. I saw fragrance and I was turned off. I always walked passed it at Walgreens and picked up the Gentle one. Well let me say that I decided to try it bc I was thinking to myself that for years my face would flush red no matter what moisturizer I used. I was like HM had to be Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I tried this Facial one and omg the results are incredible. My face is no longer red. It has to be due to the absorbent agents in it like Castor Oil or salt. I always stayed clear from them, thought it would be drying bc the Gentle Cleanser has zero amount. Well guess what? That’s exactly what I needed. Now I no longer have red skin, or flakey skin. If you have skin issues such as redness, any form of dermatitis, acne, etc this is your cleanser. Even psoriasis and eczema. It has that absorbant that you need. I bet you Dove beauty bar is great too bc is the zinc. If you have these skin issue run to the nearest super market or drug store and get this ASAP. If you’re concerned about price then get the beauty bar or Vanicream bar (ph balanced). These all do wonders. I have zero psoriasis patches due to the bar that I use on my body, which actually made me think of the absorbent theory and that’s why I got the little idea of this cleanser. My theory proved TRUE, make sure to follow this up with a moisturizer as you should with all cleansers. Bye bye red skin. Now go and buy this and thank me later.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My facial cleanser for almost three months! It contains only eight ingredients and has a pleasant scent. Its not doing a lot of foam if you face its oily but it cleans you can tell by the filling it lets at the end. I have tried so many cleanser and this one is not making my face dry or makes me have breakouts i feel my face hydrated afterwards. Its value for money and not with so much chemicals. If you want something for sensitive combination skin then thats the product you need.

I really wanted to like this product because of its amazing reviews but I don’t understand the hype?

First of all, I used this and the third day of using it I had red spots all over my face? Like all over, and I have really clear skin . It was really weird it wasn’t like acne spots or anything it was under my skin and it was itchy a little. I’m assuming I’m allergic to it. I stopped as soon as possible and went back to my Cerave Foaming wash and it cleared up within two hours which was really weird.

I rarely breakout, my acne is well under control right now so those spots were really strange. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before using this.

Second, I have this app called “get dirty” and it tells you all the true ingredients in a face wash and this one. Omg. It’s so bad you guys. There are so many parabens in this that are extremely toxic and cancer causing. The toxicity rating on the app for this product is so bad and is a 10! How is this product allowed on the market!? I looked up other drugstore face washes to compare like the Cerave and Neutrogena, Biore, Vanicream, Purpose. None of their products were bad like Cetaphil’s daily washes ingredients. Stop using this crap. Nothing in it is beneficial for your skin. It’s full of toxic parabens and has common allergen ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, I like cerevae a little more but cetaphil is a little more readily available. Consistency is very light, feels amazing on my skin, and is very light. Great product but if you have acne prone skin, you need to add something after this. This is unmedicated and just makes your face feel clean.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this stuff. I suffer from eczema flare ups occasionally especially when Im stressed or seasons change. I was about to make a doctor apt with my dermatologist then I searched eczema prone cleansers and this appeared. Before I tried this I had fine small red rash around my nose. I used this cleaners every morning and within maybe a week the bumps had disappeared and the redness had decreased. I was extremely happy I didn't have to spend a fortune on a doctor apt to make my redness disappear. Now this stuff doesn't foam up a lot but I have learned with sensitive skin less foam is better. It does have a slight fragrance but it doesn't bother me at all. For the price of this cleaners and the fact it does what it claims to do. I am more than pleased and plan to repurchase.

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

on 2/21/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice cleanser, good price, doesn't dry up skin. I just think is as good as many others. My husband loves it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this cleanser because people keep raving about it on Youtube and on forums, so I caved and decided to try it out for myself. Used this with my clarisonic cleansing tool and it made my skin more oily than it naturally is, causing my skin to break out very badly. Once I stopped using this my skin has cleared up.

on 7/15/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a basic facial cleanser that is very good and doesn't strip my skin. I accidentally grabbed this about 6 months ago in the normal to oily skin version when I am dry skin. I didn't realize it until I used it. Alas, nothing to worry about. It didn't do any stripping or drying out of my already dry skin.

It cleansed it gently without causing any irritation with my rosacea. It removes my makeup well also without any problems. Great product and as you can see, I still have the same bottle with the pump 6 months later and use it daily. Little goes a long way. Definitely will buy again and again.