CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Lipstick in Summer Rose

No Image

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this lipstick in a packet of Clinique products and I've been using it sporadically just because I don't like to throw things away.
This isn't a particularly enjoyable lipstick: the colour is not bad, a bit too rosy for my liking, I'd like something a bit darker or lighter, this is a strange half-term, but the texture is not nice: it's not creamy at all and it ends up drying my lips. There are better and cheaper lipsticks out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very bright reddish frosty coral. I have very neutral pale skin. I used to wear it when I died my hair copper red. Now with dark brown hair, it's just too warm. I compared it against the Rose Spectrum (both were GWPs) and the Rose Spectrum wins by far as my go-to, easy-to-wear-but-definitely-there lipstick (I'm a tinted balm kind of girl most of the time). Reminds of my Santa Fe / junior high years. Bad. Would be a good statement color for a tanned or otherwise warm-toned person.

on 10/12/2007 12:04:00 AM

It looks better in the tube than actually on my lips - too magenta! It's too bright and intense for my coloring. Also, it made my lips dry. There are better lipsticks out there!

on 4/13/2007 6:20:00 PM

Gorgeous shimmery raspberry/pink shade, very close to MLBB. Glossy color, great lasting power, shimmer is just enough to be very pretty, but not over the top. I love this one! A great everyday shade!

on 11/5/2005 6:38:00 PM

This is a very nice color for evening, but I definitely would not use for day wear. Very flattering to my fair/light skin, it's a pretty rose brown shade. Looks amazing with clear gloss layered on top. The moisture surge formula is very creamy and keeps my lips well-moisturized.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do find that I only wear this color in the summertime. It's a pretty rosey color that feels nice on my lips and looks great with a tan. I like to wear gloss over it b/c it doesn't have much of a sheen or gloss to it.

on 11/14/2003 1:34:00 PM

I love this line and this color, but I have no idea why it's called Summer Rose. Against my warm PPP skin, it's much better for Fall since the color comes out a rich, deep coral/peach. Great with wearing browns! I give it a 4 though because there's no way this is an "everyone" shade - it's really a very warm tone and would only look good on some skintypes.

on 4/28/2003 11:54:00 AM

The quality is not bad. Just the color doesn't suit me. Of the texture, I think moisture sheer lipstick is a lot better than this one.

on 4/21/2003 12:08:00 AM

I wonder why people like Clinique so much. It might be that their products are not good for me, but, the name does not suit the product. In fact, I think it made my lips feel and look extremely dry. Definitely will not buy again, thank goodness it was GWP.

I also got this lipstick with a GWP and it is really pretty on. It is very flattering with my brown eyes and brown hair. (I am a PPP.) It also looks great with Bamboo lipliner. Wonderful color.