LUSH Dream Cream

LUSH Dream Cream

4.2

Ingredients: Oat Milk (Avena Sativa), Rose Water (Rosa Centifolia), Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Cocoa Butter(Theobroma Cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Tincture Of Benzoin (Styrax Benzoin), Rose Absolute (Rosa Centifolia), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis Nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavendula Hybrida), Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Advantages:
+ thick texture
+ perfect for dry skin
+ you only need a tiny bit to cover the whole face/neck/any part of your body
Disadvantages:
- very greasy
- strong smell (lavender, medicine)
- doesn't get absorbed well by normal skin type

I would only recommend this cream for flaky/extremely dry skin

on 2/1/2016 10:58:00 AM

I bought this because my hands were super dry and flaky, and the sale assistant told me this was a best seller, she tried it in my hand and felt really nice and soothing BUT, I can't stand the smell, I don't know why, but to me, it's smells like an old lady and rotten eggs 😱😱😱😱 anyway, it has improved my skin a lot, I mix it a little bit with the charity pot cream, so it camouflage the scent and it works really well!

To Read all 465 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/8/2016 3:22:00 AM

This cream is AMAZING! It has the most wonderful, light and flowery smell of lavender. I was recommended this by a sales assistant for dry sensitive skin, I get eczema. I use it once a day almost every day and it has lasted me about 3 months and I have a quarter of the tub left. My friend had severe sunburn and used some and it really helped! 10/10 will continue to use when this runs out :)

on 8/17/2015 2:12:00 PM

I bought this because I have some acne and irritation on my face and back and this is supposed to soothe skin irritation. I've been using this on and off for the past month and it has done nothing but cause my skin to burn slightly and raise all these tiny pustules on areas I do not ever break out (cheeks, neck, nose). I get about a half dozen very small raised inflamed bumps that look like whiteheads whenever I use this lotion. I don't ever get acne like this. I'm able to use full strength tea tree oil on my face without irritation so I don't believe it's from any of the essential oils. Reading over the ingredients list, I'm 80% sure it is caused by the triethanolamine that is included that helps emulsify and balance the pH of this lotion. The bumps always appear within an hour after I use this lotion. Either way, I am allergic to something in this lotion.

Scent: It's a light scent but it's fairly medicinal. There's a note of lavender in the background, but it mostly smells of oats and tea tree oil. It's not unpleasant and easily covered by other lotions and perfume. The smell doesn't interfere with anything.

Absorption: Dream Cream is thicker than I would expect from the product description. The consistency is of a custard. It spreads easily on my skin and is absorbed within ten minutes. It's a little greasy if too much is used, probably because of the olive oil, but it moisturizes well. Very little is needed to cover my face, upper arms, and back (I use about a teaspoon all told).

Packaging: It's one of those black, screw-top pots that Lush is famous for. It's good for being able to use up the product but the lotion does get into the threads of the lid and makes it difficult to open the lid. Also, the lid gets pretty greasy for me and I need to wipe it down after use so that I can get enough grip to open the damn thing. The packaging is functional. It's not my favorite but I could transfer this into a squeeze bottle if I really cared.

Honestly, if it didn't burn and cause acne, I would love this lotion. It works very well and has an unobtrusive scent. The price is cheap for a luxury lotion and very fair for the amount of product you receive. Unfortunately, this just doesn't work for me.

Edit 8/20/15: I've since discovered I have a sensitivity to lavender. All the products that I use containing lavender oil makes me itch and burn where ever there's prolonged skin contact as well as causing acne. Unfortunately, this includes my conditioner American Cream and my favorite bath bomb Twilight. Apparently lavender is a pretty common skin irritant and is very likely causing the burning sensation I feel when I use this lotion.

Ingredients: Oat Milk (Avena sativa) , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Triethanolamine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Citronellol , *Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have repurchased this twice...best lotion ever and the smell is relaxing

on 7/31/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out on my hand in the store and continued shopping for the day. I could NOT stop touching my hands! They were so smooth! I went back and got a good-sized sample of this cream. I know it's a hand & body cream, but I tested it out on my face as a nighttime moisturizer. Holy Softness. This has made my face so smooth and hydrated -- I have also been using the Oatifix fresh face mask in my nighttime routine --- I think I will not waste this on my body and just use it on my face! I layer it over my serums and it keeps my skin slightly tacky all thru the night. The scent is fine and the texture is dreamy. I also put this on my neck and decolletage. I will purchase the full size -- it is worth the price tag -- since I will just use on these areas and any other dry areas. Love this stuff!

on 7/29/2015 11:16:00 AM

I used to use this on my legs constantly because i get terrible eczema that gets set off when i shave my legs. It really did use to soothe my skin. Little bit pricey but i like the fact its all natural ingredients and it isn't tested on animals. Its also quite thick so you don't have to use a lot.

I wish we had a Lush store in the town where i live, as i'd probably still be using it. However i've recently been using plain old E45.

Dream Cream is a thick, hydrating body lotion with a subtle lavender scent and lots of natural, soothing ingredients. Excellent for those with sensitive or dry skin, it sinks in quickly and does not leave the skin feeling overly greasy. It is completely vegan which will be a plus for some! It is reasonably priced and lasts for a long time as you don't need a lot of product to cover your whole body. The scent is calming and I like to use this lotion before bed. It doesn't irritate or cause redness on my sensitive skin.

on 7/19/2015 8:59:00 PM

This has saved me. After I shave everything seems to hurt my legs. Other lotions used to burn like h*ll. This one didn't do that. I feel like it dramatically changed the way my legs feel. I wish it came with a pump, but I can live with out it. This is a must have for me.

on 7/19/2015 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm a huge fan of Lush and I would say this is one of my favourites. The smell is so nice and relaxing and the lotion is really hydrating for my skin. I also love the fact the pot is 100% recycled. The only negative points are the tub which is a bit unhygienic and the fact it purports to be natural but contains parabens. But other than that it's a lovely moisturizer and I would buy it again.