4.6

price range

Reviews

from

8 years ago

This is the best lip gloss I have found for my sensitive lips. It is creamy and non-sticky but I still have a mild peeling reaction. You do have to reapply. However, when used on top of lipstick, sometimes I can just apply some Aquaphor later in the day and that will suffice. I bought Violet Cream in the wand. I am cool toned (pink undertones), wear winter colors best, fair-skinned, brunette (with gray "highlights"). I don't like bright colors; all my samples are mauve-y. This color is definitely MLBB and can change the color of the underlying lipstick in a good way. Overall, this lipgloss is very nice. I am uploading swatches because the colors on most websites are terrible. They have nothing to do with the color of the actual product. Dermstore.com lets you return used products; ThreeCustom.com does not.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

11 years ago

Hello, lipgloss wh*ore here! I love 3CC products, and I purchased a lipgloss in warm pink with my last order (since it's, like, the only gloss in the world that I haven't tried yet). This stuff is AMAZING! It's like Chantecaille Lip Chic in a pot. The color is sheer yet saturated, and the perfect amount of glossiness adds a fullness to the lips that most glosses don't quite manage without being drippy. What about reapplication? Sure, it's frequent, but that's what you do with lipglosses. But it's in an unsanitary pot form, right? Meh, who cares. It's only unsanitary if I don't wash my hands before applying. Cost? A little pricey, but the pot is decent sized--4.3 gm (vs 4.5 gm for a HiP lip jelly and 2 gm for a Chante Lip Chic). My conclusion? Worth every penny. Can't wait to buy more!

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

13 years ago

I do really like these glosses, since I tend not to favor very sticky glosses (with the exception of my HG lipgloss color, Bobbi Brown's LE Warm Peach). I love the warm colors in this line, as they are foolproof for me (very dark hair, light eyes, medium olive skin). The Apple Honey, Sandstorm, and Nude shades are great. But don't go for these glosses if you like staying power -- you will be reappying often. But on the whole the colors can't be beat. While Beauty.com does have a nice selection, I recommend the company's own website for the very best choices.

About reviewer (311 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I have this in Beautopia and I love it! It's really not rosey on me at all though. It's more like a slightely shimmery reddish brown flush on my lips. Totally YLBB for me. I also have Trae's favorite which to me is alot like this color but alittle darker and without the shimmer. Either way I love them both!!! I can't wait to buy more and I love the packaging. PS: For those of you that love Delux Beauty Liptint in DOT like i did and hated that it got discontinued....Trae's Favorite gives me the exact same color DOT would but in a thinner glossier version! It's the closest thing I've found.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlack

3.0

14 years ago

Im new to this brand. Actually, this is the first and only thing I've ever bought from them. I bought the l/g in "Sandstone" b/c it's for a nude lip. It has a yellowish hue so that no pink comes thru which is VERY important to me for the ultimate nude lip. But unfortunately, it had no staying power what-so-ever! I gave it several tries!! It also has very little shine in my opinion. I had much success though with my Smashbox gels in the color "Film". Im still on the look for the PERFECT nude lip. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.. I wouldnt repurchase this again, but I would like to try more of this line of cosmetics.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

14 years ago

I have this in Beautopia. LOVE IT! Perfect color. Your lips only better. Definitely an everyday shade. I wear this with a little mascara & I'm out the door. It feels marvelous. Not sticky at all. Smooth, like Vaseline or Carmex. You will have to reapply, but you do that with most glosses anyway. My HG lipgloss!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

14 years ago

First off you may be wondering as I did how the 3CC lipglosses in the pot differ from the 3CC lipgloss in the wand. I couldn't find an answer anywhere so called 3CC myself and they told me there was no difference in consistency or taste/flavor(these are unscented by the way). There is a difference in colors however. If you like the 3Cc lipsticks and want a matching or similar color in the lipgloss you'll have to buy the lipgloss in the stacking pots, but if you just want to try a color and prefer a wand go to www.beauty.com. They have tons of 3CC lipgloss colors all in wand design. The same is true of the palettes. Most of the colors you find in the wand will not be presented in a palette per SA at 3CC so if palette is what you're after the colors will be on 3CC website. Now to the consistency. I find the texture of this lipgloss very similar to Chantecaille. Not too sticky, smooth and with a decent amt of pigment. Yes,they will bleed if you have lines around your mouth, and don't expect them to last much more than 2 hours on even if you're not doing a thing. Glitter/shimmer is well-done(not Mary Kate & Ashley thank God!)and fine milled. I chose 7 colors in my order and all were very pretty and pretty true to beauty.com's descriptions. So in the end I'd rec these especially if you like Chantecaille glosses and want some more color options for a tad cheaper gloss with a wand. Just don't expect MAC pro long wear as far as longevity and you'll like!

About reviewer (1600 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

Love this product!!!!! I never used a lip brush with my lippies because it was such a hassle to apply...but I made an exception with this one...now I'm hooked!!!! Just the right consistency, color, shine, and staying power (considering it's a gloss)....Too bad it's gonna be discontinued here in Manila :(

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

14 years ago

Let me first say that I am NOT a gloss person. I'm very much a lipstick person. One of these was given to me & I was like, oh ok. But it is wonderful! The texture is great & so much better than other glosses I have tried! I use a little lipliner with it & that gives it a bit more staying power but it is quite good on it's own as well. This is a very cool company, they will remake discontinued items for you & also have their own line of stuff. If you have never checked them out, you should: http://www.threecustom.com/

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

15 years ago

This is the first Three Custom Color Specialist item I bought years back in a Cool Violet (which looked like a neutral plum on me). I thought I was the only one who tried this because Sophia Coppola uses it. :) I also got Sophia's SC 2004 (a plum-red stain), then the Warm Lavender. I practically use every speck of these and prefer this over MAC's lipglosses and luster lipsticks 'cause they're cheaper by volume and are lipbalmier and non-sticky, which I love. I still have another pan of this in Cool Lavender (a lighter version) to layer over lipsticks. I hope they don't close shop, I love this brand.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Cool