L'Oreal Paris colour endure

No Image

4.3

I wish they had an option for "Yes I would buy this again if it weren't DISCONTINUED." D'oh! The Rum Raisin shade was my go-to fall lipstick-and now it's gone. I found a few online and am hoarding them jealously-I've never found a good copycat shade.
This lipstick tended to be a little dry, but I found that if I added a gloss on top, it made the texture much more agreeable, and it still had its staying power. I liked the fact that I actually could eat and drink and not end up with the dreaded clown mouth look afterward. The contoured shape made it easy to apply, but it did tend to break off rather easily. Warm toned shade, but it didn't yellow the teeth as some orangy fall tones will do-this was a bit more reddish. Loved it-I wish L'oreal would consider bringing it back!

on 3/24/2010 9:37:00 AM

My favorite lipstick-I always seem to come back to Rum Raisin, and that color is what I am referring to in this review. A great fall and winter shade-I don't wear it full-strength quite as often in the summer. A warmer shade that doesn't dull your teeth-maybe because it seems to have more brown than orange? I like the way its intensity can be varied with a little bit of gloss if you want a less strident color-just put the gloss on first and smack your lips together several times for just a blush of color-it will not last as long if you use gloss as a base unless you also use a lip liner-or add just a little gloss on top for a longer lasting, but still milder color. (This might be an idea for those who find this lipstick drying). If you want vivid color and staying power, just put it on full strength and leave it matte-no need for liner. If you eat and drink with it on, you will need to touch up, but you won't get that Bozo the Clown look that other, less durable formulas leave behind. Since it has been discontinued, look for it on EBay and online-I did a search and came up with a bunch of sites that sell discontinued products-none of which I remember right now-but it wasn't that hard to find and stock up on.

on 6/26/2009 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Discontinued...I love some of these colors and hope they are available in the new lipcolors from l'oreal. I have 'So Cinnamon' D27 which is an old hollywood deep red...very beautiful....'Raisin Berry' C17 which is a deep raisin color but it looks good, not purpley or too dark. 'Jive' A27 which is a very deep red with a brown berry tone to it. I'd repurchase So Cinnamon in a heartbeat...and i'd try raisin berry again too, love to see these in a new formula

on 1/29/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This lipstick line has been discontinued. How very sad - it was and is an absolute HG for me and my sister. This is a longer, thinner, stick lipstick that goes on very smooth and has *great* pigment. The thin stick allows me to line and even slightly go over my lipline to create a fuller lip. Although it is not a lipstick that will last all day, it probably lasts twice as long as any other type of traditional lipstick. It does dry and won't feel like a moist lipstick, but it doesn't feel anything like the "gluey" long lasting lipsticks. I forget I'm wearing it.

When they discontinued these severals years back, my sister and I both stocked up on them. Fortunately, they last for a long time, too, due to their heavy pigment, so I hope the ones I have last me until I can find something that competes with this. (Please, if you find something, email me and let me know!) I love pink/purple shades and the two shades I use most frequently are Wild Voilet (more pink than purple) and Mulberry (a medium/deep purple).

on 1/2/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this at the $1 store in "Too Chili" and eventhough it's not blue-based and doesn't help my teeth look any whiter, it was the only color the store had and it looks decent for a red. It goes on like feeling like liquid- kinda like it melts onto my lips b/c it's so soft and smooth :-D luv that! it doesn't last very long, maybe an hour, but i luv reapplying it

I am unsure if this has been dsct or not. But, I'll find some if they were!
My color is Tres Mauve (i think) and it is a great mauve shade even though I'm a redhead and normally mauve wouldnt be good. it's a great shade, a flattering deep berry. It makes my lips look fuller, is matte but not terribly drying and doesnt get weird and caky in the corners of my mouth. The thing i love best is it makes my lips look so full. i have tiny lips. It lasts for hours even when i drink or eat non-greasy food.

I wish the tube were a short one as i dont like skinny long lipstick tubes. Otherwise, love it and will buy more :)

on 6/20/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Best lipstick I've ever bought!! I bought these in so many of the red colors for years and loved all of them. I'm still trying to find something I love as much as these, not an easy task. I still have some spares but I'm running out...

on 3/28/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love these lipsticks! My HG! They're the best I've tried over the years. I've been using Fawn Fatale 610 (really lovely beigey browny pink) for the past 5-6 years and its just lovely, for some time in the middle, I couldn't find these anymore and had to switch to other lipsticks but I've never been satisfied and have kept comparing them to these. Luckily, I've been able to find them on Ebay which is fantastic!!
The feel is creamy and sets on matt and doesn't leave the lips dry or flakey, and it lasts all day! I've also tried these in So Cinnamon (lovely red shade, very sexy), Mocha On Ice (light coffee colour which is matt with a frosty effect), Raisin Berry (lovely pink red berry shade), Chocolate Fudge (browny pink that is matt with a shimmer). I would highly recommend these, its a big shame these have been discontinued, I will still hunt for these though!!

on 4/23/2006 4:04:00 PM

Hi ladies! Just wanted to let everyone know they have these at Dollar Tree in several shades- in the nude, berry, cinnamon etc. I dont remember the names! Bought one for my mom and she likes it a lot.

on 9/14/2004 7:24:00 PM

i bought this in the color Ruby and used it for a photo shoot and loved it. it lasted a long time, it's velvety and matte, and Ruby is the perfect red. not too pink or orange, with just the right amount of blue. i bought this on sale at the drugstore for 3 bucks and it was definitely worth it.