Clairol Nice n' Easy

Clairol Nice n' Easy

3.1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using nice and easy hair coloring for over 20 years. WHY did they feel the need to change their product? I will no longer use nice and easy. Not only did they change the color the gray coverage is horrible. Clairol lost a 20+ year customer 😢

on 11/2/2018 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I used to bleach my hair before I went all gray and then started to dye it. Nice and Easy was the perfect solution for my grays. I considered myself very lucky to have great results coloring my own hair. Nice and Easy always made my hair nice and shiny and soft for weeks. I had very oily hair when I was younger so I always liked the feeling of it after processing.

I tried the new formula and had an allergic reaction to it. My scalp burned and itched and my hair was dull and flat. And the hideous new scent was almost impossible to get rid of.

I waited all summer for my growth to get to the point that it was very noticeable to try anything else. I switched to Superior Preference 9.5 light natural blonde and the results are good, not great. It does smell better but I don't get the shine that I really liked.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have used Nice and easy Dark Auburn for 10 years. This new formula is horrible if you have fine hair. After dying my hair it is very dry and I’m going to need at least 2” cut off the bottom of my hair where it really damaged it. When I go to get my hair cut they have always complement me on how healthy my hair is. Certainly wont happen this time. What were they thinking!

on 9/13/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me preface this by saying I am so good at hair color. I’ve been doing it myself for 30 years and have taught all my friends my technique. This is not a user error!

Review for new formula

HATE THIS “IMPROVED FORMULA”. I didn’t find the smell terribly offensive. My usual color, light brown, was a little darker than usual but I can also live with that and could compensate for that next time by mixing with the light golden brown in a 50/50 mix. But there will NEVER be a next time! There are 2 complete deal breakers for me and they are:

1/ holy crap is this stuff a runny mess! And
2/ OMG the staining on my hairline was totally ridiculous. I mean to the point that NOTHING, NOT EVEN DAWN DISH SOAP, took it away. It was SO embarrassing I just wanted to stay home. Alas I could not and had to explain to friends and co-workers that this was the unexpected consequence of a reformulated hair color. I would not have believed it had it not happened to me personally but even reading a few of the reviews here I see that I am not alone. Which is only slightly comforting.

In closing: I’m not proud of this but I have a pretty filthy mouth. I LACK ENOUGH CURSE WORDS TO ADEQUATELY CONVEY MY DISPLEASURE WITH THIS FORMULA. Ladies, use this at your own peril and preferably over a period of time where you have the ability to either stay home or wear a scarf on you head. Don’t say you weren’t warned, lol!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the new and improved formula in the box with the flowers on it.

I recently had used Color Oops to remove the Dark Blonde shade of this dye I had used to colour my locs. Instead of turning out to be a nice light golden blonde or light brown, they turned out an ashy deep brown. After colour removal, they were a pretty but uneven light sandy brown.

So I decided to recolour with #108-Medium Reddish blonde. Did a strand test on one loc and it turned out a light auburn shade, so I went for it and now I have a head full of Medium-Dark auburn hair. Something is dreadfully wrong with a product that consistently turns out MUCH darker than the advertised shade. I deliberately chose a blonde shade so it wouldn't go too dark, and it's still flipping brown! :(

The only good thing was, the strong floral scent eliminated the sulfurous funk the Colour Ooops left behind.
Going to try to lighten it with a vitamin c/shampoo treatment.

on 8/9/2018 8:22:00 AM

Used product back in April 2018, posted reviews on other Sites, then found this Site more recently. Cream in tube very difficult to squeeze into plastic bottle, previously worked well when liquid in blue bottle. Product showed up as white, very gloopy, dripped a lot, conditioner didn't do a lot, but worst of all was the awful smell! I've never smelled flowers (new floral fragrance) with such an overpowering, cloying smell, it lingered for ages and my poor partner who does my hair suffered a nasty migraine as a result! We had to leave windows and doors open for days in the hope that the smell would eventually disappear.

Loved the original Nice 'n' Easy and had used it for years, but couldn't face ever using the new version again! Have recently found some old stock, but although feel bad for other people, won't reveal where, even under torture, as I'm terrified stocks will run out and then I'm back to square one again! There are so many similar comments on here from other users who can't bear the new version surely Clairol, Coty, or whoever, can be persuaded to revert back to the original formula. Hate all aspects of the new version and cannot understand why the powers that be thought that it needed changing!!!!!! PLEASE CLAIROL DO SOMETHING!

on 7/25/2018 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been using two Clairol products on my hair regularly for about 12 years The Kaleidocolors to highlight and the Nice n Easy. First the company reformulated Kaleidocolors and screwed that up and now Nice n Easy. This review is for the oddly shaped box with the flowers on it. The first thing I hate is the tube of color. I frequently use two different shades and with a tube it's nearly impossible to get an even mix.
Then the results. I bought light neutral blonde which I've used so many times before and my light blonde highlighted hair is now dark blonde and brassy! I used it the same amount of time. Clairol sucks! I'm putting my old positive review below for reference of how good this was.

I have tried almost every drugstore hair color Clairol, L'oreal, Revlon, also some at Sally's including their Ion brand.
I have blonde highlights (Natural brunette). I have to touch up my roots with a base color.
Nice n Easy is the best hair color hands down. Why?
The color on the box is the color I get, (No orange.) I used neutral light blonde by ION that had made my hair light brown instead and messed up my highlights.
It covers grays really well. It fades like every hair color, but it doesn't go brassy when it does. It doesn't dry my hair out and it's easy to apply. I leave it on for 50 minutes. (I use blondes usually in the 8, and 9 range). It's Nice n Accurate!

on 7/22/2018 7:37:00 PM

New formula is horrendous. Ruined my hair. My hair is now 4 different colors. Looks dull..no dine and can't get the stuff out of your hair for at least 5 washing. The cream is impossible to put into the activator...hate this stuff....NEVER BUY IT AGAIN...WILL now use another company's product..

I am 77 years old. My natural color was auburn. When my hair started turning grey I tried many different brands. Nice n' Easy gave me exactly what I was looking for, a subtle reddish brown. I could even add a honey blonde to the mix. It all worked soooo well. I had never had a bad experience using the product. A few weeks ago all of that changed ! The new formula has caused numerous LESIONS on my scalp, burning sensation when applied, and the recommended color to replace I had always used was so far off and so dark I was shocked ! FYI: I DID NOT LEAVE THE PRODUCT ON TOO LONG. The mixing of the new formula is too messy. The outcome was less than perfect. The product dyed the skin around the hair line and took days to fade away. Let me be very clear, I enjoy trying new things and was happy to try the new formula but it turned into a total disaster !!! And....for heaven sake when you change a formula at least give your customer base a heads up with putting the word NEW FORMULA in big letters across all sides of the box.( I didn't realize until I noticed a change in numbers of my regular color selection) Where are the marketing skills and compassion for customers? Think about it! I can't think of a person who would knowingly try a new formula just before a wedding, party, or any other occasion without trying it out long before hand. Especially a person's hair !!!

After using Nice n' Easy for over 25 years I will not purchase this NEW formula again. I strongly hope Nice n' Easy will discontinue this terrible new formula and go back to the wonderful Nice n' Easy product formula that had always been the most reliable on the market. WHO ON EARTH APPROVED THIS NEW FORMULA ????? If it isn't broken.....don't fix it !!!!

A very unhappy and disappointed FORMER CUSTOMER !!!

on 7/12/2018 10:05:00 AM

Not only did Clairol changed the box, they changed the formula. I normally used 106. Now it says use 8A. NO WAY....my hair is so dark. This is not even a blonde, it's brown. I do like the new smell but that's it. I had to have my husband hold the bottle while I squeezed the color into it. I don't like that they have a tube of color instead of the liquid. PLUS, before if I got some color on my sink, I could just wipe it off. Last night I had to use nail polish remover. I had to make sure I didn't get ANY on my skin because it doesn't just wipe off anymore. Clairol, you made a mistake with this change. I've been using your product for over 20 years, time for me to change. Thankfully I don't have anything important coming up soon.
Suggestion to buyers.....Pick a new shade lighter than your old shade