Clairol Nice n' Easy

Nice n' Easy

3.1

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the new and improved formula in the box with the flowers on it.

I recently had used Color Oops to remove the Dark Blonde shade of this dye I had used to colour my locs. Instead of turning out to be a nice light golden blonde or light brown, they turned out an ashy deep brown. After colour removal, they were a pretty but uneven light sandy brown.

So I decided to recolour with #108-Medium Reddish blonde. Did a strand test on one loc and it turned out a light auburn shade, so I went for it and now I have a head full of Medium-Dark auburn hair. Something is dreadfully wrong with a product that consistently turns out MUCH darker than the advertised shade. I deliberately chose a blonde shade so it wouldn't go too dark, and it's still flipping brown! :(

The only good thing was, the strong floral scent eliminated the sulfurous funk the Colour Ooops left behind.
Going to try to lighten it with a vitamin c/shampoo treatment.

on 8/9/2018 8:22:00 AM

Used product back in April 2018, posted reviews on other Sites, then found this Site more recently. Cream in tube very difficult to squeeze into plastic bottle, previously worked well when liquid in blue bottle. Product showed up as white, very gloopy, dripped a lot, conditioner didn't do a lot, but worst of all was the awful smell! I've never smelled flowers (new floral fragrance) with such an overpowering, cloying smell, it lingered for ages and my poor partner who does my hair suffered a nasty migraine as a result! We had to leave windows and doors open for days in the hope that the smell would eventually disappear.

Loved the original Nice 'n' Easy and had used it for years, but couldn't face ever using the new version again! Have recently found some old stock, but although feel bad for other people, won't reveal where, even under torture, as I'm terrified stocks will run out and then I'm back to square one again! There are so many similar comments on here from other users who can't bear the new version surely Clairol, Coty, or whoever, can be persuaded to revert back to the original formula. Hate all aspects of the new version and cannot understand why the powers that be thought that it needed changing!!!!!! PLEASE CLAIROL DO SOMETHING!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I personally love the newest formula (with the pink flowers on the box). In the past, the formula was too runny/messy, and with the color being a cream now, it's the perfect consistency, not too thick or thin. The smell is much better now too...it's a nice clean floral, but because it's an ammonia based color, it still can be quite strong, fumes-wise. I love the style of the squeeze bottle that comes with this, it makes applying the color so easy. The provided gloves are pretty decent. I had about an inch of my natural light ash brown/dark ash blonde roots, and the rest was a very light reddish brown. I wanted to tone out the red so that my natural color blended better, so I chose "7C Dark Cool Blonde". I left it on for 30-35 minutes, since I wanted to neutralize the red tones. I will say, ignore the haircolor of the model on the box, and go by the description of the shade, because what I ended up with was indeed a dark blonde, but the model on the box has quite light hair (not what I wanted anyway, so I was not disappointed). My hair is evenly colored, all that unnatural red is gone, and my hair actually feels softer and healthier. Also, the color looks very natural, with slight highs and lows, so I would definitely use NicenEasy again in the future!

on 7/25/2018 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been using two Clairol products on my hair regularly for about 12 years The Kaleidocolors to highlight and the Nice n Easy. First the company reformulated Kaleidocolors and screwed that up and now Nice n Easy. This review is for the oddly shaped box with the flowers on it. The first thing I hate is the tube of color. I frequently use two different shades and with a tube it's nearly impossible to get an even mix.
Then the results. I bought light neutral blonde which I've used so many times before and my light blonde highlighted hair is now dark blonde and brassy! I used it the same amount of time. Clairol sucks! I'm putting my old positive review below for reference of how good this was.

I have tried almost every drugstore hair color Clairol, L'oreal, Revlon, also some at Sally's including their Ion brand.
I have blonde highlights (Natural brunette). I have to touch up my roots with a base color.
Nice n Easy is the best hair color hands down. Why?
The color on the box is the color I get, (No orange.) I used neutral light blonde by ION that had made my hair light brown instead and messed up my highlights.
It covers grays really well. It fades like every hair color, but it doesn't go brassy when it does. It doesn't dry my hair out and it's easy to apply. I leave it on for 50 minutes. (I use blondes usually in the 8, and 9 range). It's Nice n Accurate!

on 7/22/2018 7:37:00 PM

New formula is horrendous. Ruined my hair. My hair is now 4 different colors. Looks dull..no dine and can't get the stuff out of your hair for at least 5 washing. The cream is impossible to put into the activator...hate this stuff....NEVER BUY IT AGAIN...WILL now use another company's product..

I am 77 years old. My natural color was auburn. When my hair started turning grey I tried many different brands. Nice n' Easy gave me exactly what I was looking for, a subtle reddish brown. I could even add a honey blonde to the mix. It all worked soooo well. I had never had a bad experience using the product. A few weeks ago all of that changed ! The new formula has caused numerous LESIONS on my scalp, burning sensation when applied, and the recommended color to replace I had always used was so far off and so dark I was shocked ! FYI: I DID NOT LEAVE THE PRODUCT ON TOO LONG. The mixing of the new formula is too messy. The outcome was less than perfect. The product dyed the skin around the hair line and took days to fade away. Let me be very clear, I enjoy trying new things and was happy to try the new formula but it turned into a total disaster !!! And....for heaven sake when you change a formula at least give your customer base a heads up with putting the word NEW FORMULA in big letters across all sides of the box.( I didn't realize until I noticed a change in numbers of my regular color selection) Where are the marketing skills and compassion for customers? Think about it! I can't think of a person who would knowingly try a new formula just before a wedding, party, or any other occasion without trying it out long before hand. Especially a person's hair !!!

After using Nice n' Easy for over 25 years I will not purchase this NEW formula again. I strongly hope Nice n' Easy will discontinue this terrible new formula and go back to the wonderful Nice n' Easy product formula that had always been the most reliable on the market. WHO ON EARTH APPROVED THIS NEW FORMULA ????? If it isn't broken.....don't fix it !!!!

A very unhappy and disappointed FORMER CUSTOMER !!!

on 7/12/2018 10:05:00 AM

Not only did Clairol changed the box, they changed the formula. I normally used 106. Now it says use 8A. NO WAY....my hair is so dark. This is not even a blonde, it's brown. I do like the new smell but that's it. I had to have my husband hold the bottle while I squeezed the color into it. I don't like that they have a tube of color instead of the liquid. PLUS, before if I got some color on my sink, I could just wipe it off. Last night I had to use nail polish remover. I had to make sure I didn't get ANY on my skin because it doesn't just wipe off anymore. Clairol, you made a mistake with this change. I've been using your product for over 20 years, time for me to change. Thankfully I don't have anything important coming up soon.
Suggestion to buyers.....Pick a new shade lighter than your old shade

on 6/26/2018 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've used Clairol Nice & Easy for over 10 years, but never again!! I liked the new smell, but my hair turned out BLACK!! And no, I didn't leave it on too long, as the company would suggest. It also stained the skin around my hairline like I've never experienced in my life! I don't know how I'm going to leave the house for the next few days until it wears off ~ guess I'll be ball capping it. I've loved the old Clairol Nice & Easy for many years, never had a problem or complaint. Bye bye Clairol... I'm donating the others I purchased at the same time. So disappointed!

on 5/27/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using Nice and Easy for 30 years I will not be using it anymore. I have (or should I say HAD) light brown hair. The NEW formula turned my hair BLACK! The OLD formula was so perfect. It gave me beautiful light brown hair with nice highlights, after using the new formula my hair is Matt black. I called Clairol to complain and they said it was my fault for leaving the color on too long. This never happened with the old product. I also hate squeezing the cream out of the tube and almost knocking the bottle over in the process. I will NOT buy this product again.

on 5/20/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

So very disappointed with the new Nice n Easy formula. After using Nice n Easy for many years, I am looking for another company's hair color product. The new formula stinks! My hair smelled like the 'fragrance' for almost 2 weeks. I like to wear perfume but cannot with the new 'fragrance'. The smell was on my pillow, my hair drying towels and I smelled it ever time I turned around for a week. I have scent allergies and needed to take Benedryl the evening after coloring my hair. Hair color should NOT leave a fragrance on the hair. Incredibly hard to get off the skin after using. Color is not true based on the old shade formula or the shade on box! Where I sleep on my side, the hair color has rubbed off. I've notice faint color on my pillow. So unhappy. Sad that I have to change products, but impossible to use the new formula again.

Popular Hair Color Products