Clairol Nice n' Easy -new formula

Clairol Nice n' Easy -new formula

3.3

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will be 70 this year and have used Clairol Nice 'n' Easy for over 30 years and there truly ARE some things which do not need "improving".
Today I used the new formula one I recently bought; thank goodness it is the only one I had purchased as I normally buy two or three at a time when on offer...but this is something I definitely will not be using again.
It's not remotely like the "real thing" I'm afraid.
Some don't like the scented idea although I personally rather liked the lovely floral scent but I can imagine it might clash when wearing perfume,however for me,I immediately didn't like the fussy fiddling about with the adding of the cream in a tube..when it was mixed it did seem pleasantly creamy but unfortunately it was TOO much so and I didn't even end up using the conditioner as I always did because it seemed to be too slippery already.
Also,I noticed a distinct tingle which I've never had in all my 30+ years of using Nice'n,Easy.....but the end result is my hair is lank,my fringe is "separated" and I'm uneasy about ever using again.
I'm going to see if I can find the earlier stuff online and will sadly not be ever buying again unless hopefully this once-marvellous hair colour product can be restored to it's previously fabulous formula loved by many thousands of us females...and no doubt many guys out there,too,I'm sure.
It truly WAS that good for everybody so please listen to us,Clairol!.......Karen.

on 4/23/2018 9:06:00 PM

I have used. Ice and easy hair color for over 15 years. I absolutely hate the new colors. I have yet to figure out with number to use to get my color match from the old formula. I really don’t care for the smell. The worst is how it sticks to my skin. I usually was able to was around my face and neck with wash cloth and soap to remove color. The new formula is impossible to remove from around my face and neck. I have given up on nice and easy and will be trying something new.

on 4/12/2018 7:24:00 PM

I gave this 2 lippies because it did not destroy my hair and it smelled great for a haircolor.

However, BEWARE - this formula is much darker than the original.

I used extra light brown and my hair is dark dark brown - not the result I was looking for.

It did cover the grays, I might try it in medium blonde - that would probably approximate a light brown - that is how off the shades are....

I am going to have to go out and get highlights now to fix this

on 4/8/2018 12:47:00 PM

I had used Nice'n easy for years and was very happy with it. Now the formula was changed and it is terrible!. My hair came out much darker. It's not becoming at all. I will be on the hunt for a new color/new brand.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using Nice and Easy for 30 plus years. I love this new formula. My hair is smooth, soft, and shiny. It is the best it has looked in years. The conditioner is also fantastic. Is it sold seperately??

on 3/8/2018 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've use this product for 20 years and I can't believe that they changed it my hair seems dryer the color is dull with no shine. I think it's just cheapened up so they can make more of a profit you aren't fooling us.

I've been using number 6R for the past year and am disappointed by the new formula -- it's awful! The smell is a bit nicer, but everything else is awful. The color is off, it's a cartoonish red compared to the copper tones people couldn't believe wasn't natural. My hair is dry and brittle, my skin is stained and the cream formula is just as runny as the liquid. If you've been using them for years, run!! I'm going to give it a good wash or 10 with dishwashing liquid, add some toner and pray it fades.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will be looking for a new brand after at least 30 years using Nice 'n Easy, the new formula has ruined my hair. I used 110 for years, as my hair became more gray I went to 111, it has been a perfect match. The first time I used the new formula (5R) the roots were at least 3 shades lighter, I thought maybe I didn't leave it on the gray long enough. Today I used it a second time, left it on the roots 10 minutes longer, it is still several shades lighter and my hair is dry, lost ita shine. My scalp is stained, my face is stained, I can't get it off! If it ain't broke why are you fixing it?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used the new Nice n easy Hair Color & am disappointed! the color is white in the tube & hard to mix because I only use half at a time & to measure it is hard to do now that it is a cream. Also putting a white cream on instead of seeing a color is very hard to see where you need it. It made me very nervous wondering if the color was right. I will have to think about using it again!

on 2/20/2018 12:09:00 PM

Used Nice'N'Easy for years. It was never a favorite but it was dependable.

Just dyed my hair with their 'new formula' black dye and it's awful.

I found the smell quite nice but it is strong and I do have a head ache at the moment and I'm considering if the smell has caused it.

Product seemed less drippy and went further than usual. However, it took 3 shampoos to get the colour to budge and even then the majority of the dye that got on my scalp wouldn't wash off and now it looks like I've got dark brown cradle cap.

Will be added to the no list with XXL Live and that eSalon rubbish.

Popular Hair Color Products