Essie Wicked

WickedWickedWickedWickedWicked

4.4

on 10/22/2017 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

After buying my first Essie nail polish I really wanted to buy another one.
I love vampy colors so I thought that ''Wicked'' would be a perfect nail polish for me, all I can say is that I am really happy that I bought it!

For the few times I wore it I can say that it's amazing. The formula itself is pretty good, the only down side I found to this nail polish is that it's not fully opac. It needs atleast 2 coast, sometimes 3, to be like the color in the bottle. The wear time is also amazing, without a base or top coat I was able to wear it for a whole week without seeing any chippings (And that tells a lot because I am an Traditional Artist, I work with pencils and paint, I use my hands a lot). It was easy to remove too.

Something that I really love about Essie nail polishes is that the brush is really small and easy to use. If you have curved nails that you'll probably like the application.

If you can't afford Essie nail polishes and you love this color, well I have a dupe that is very VERY close in color and formula. This dupe is Go Garnet by Sally Hansen in the Instra-Dri range (Wicked was 9$ and Go Garnet was 3,50$). It's so similar that it looks almost the same, the only difference I can see is that Wicked is more on the brown side and Go Garnet is more on the red side. But again it's extremely similar and work just as good.

Over all I do recommend this nail polish. It's beautiful, easy to apply and the wear time is amazing.
I will buy it again for sure!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this color and brand so much!! I love how deep of a burgundy color it is and how smoothly it goes on. I love how it hardly ever chips. It dries pretty quickly too.

on 2/5/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful dark red color - almost like blood color but darker. I loved it at first, but then I realized it's too dark, almost black. My husband asked if I am wearing black nail polish! Noo, it was dark red; he didn't believe me - and I only used on coat. However, if you like dark colors - it looks pretty. It was hard to remove it, it stained my nails and fingers for about two days.

on 10/11/2016 9:36:00 AM

Beautiful colour. Easy application. Two coats = perfection. I'm a fan.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wicked is a deep blood red, almost black in some lights, nail polish. It has a good formula, opaque in two coats and dries fairly quickly. It lasts about a week before chipping. It is a very vampy colour which would be flattering on most people. If you like dark shades, you will love this. A great Winter colour!

on 10/11/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wicked is a dark oxblood, similar to Chanel's Rouge Noir which I've worn before and love. The color is perfect for fall and winter. It is creamy but comes out streaky in a single coat. Two coats are needed for the perfect lovely opaque finish.
My only trouble with this shade is that it stains my nails badly, so a base coat is a must.

on 1/30/2016 9:37:00 AM

I just love this color! One of my all time favorites for winter. After a spring and summer of pinks and corals I can't wait to get back to dark nail colors. Wish it came in a shellac formulation for when I get my nails done at the salon. When I do go to the salon, I'm always looking for a color to duplicate Wicked! It's perfect!

on 10/28/2015 2:47:00 PM

Absolutely love this color for fall/winter! Beautiful and get compliments on it!

on 4/15/2015 6:04:00 PM

Awful formula. Returned immediately. My China Glaze evening seduction polish is a million times better and the color is similar.

on 12/27/2015 8:46:00 AM

Amazing oxblood polish, opaque in two coats, very shiny. It is also very dark, but it doesn not look black, and it looks amazing on fair skin. This is my go-to oxblood polish, perfect for fall and winter. I would buy it again.

Popular Polishes