Bobbi Brown Face Brush

Bobbi Brown Face Brush

4.5

on 4/15/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this. The bristles are soft and dense, perfect for swirling on powder and foundation without leaving streaks. The big downside, however, is that it sheds! At first, I had hoped it would stop eventually. But after it didn't after a week, I went back to replace it, hoping that I just had gotten a faulty product. Unfortunately, the same happened again with the new one. Now, I am planning on returning this and get something else instead. Too bad. Apart from the shedding, I really liked the brush! But for the price, it better be perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this for on-the-go powder foundation application. It's the perfect size, doesn't shed, and mine came in a cute black pouch that's perfect for travelling and carrying in my purse. The problem is that the bristles are definitely a little prickly and can slightly irritate my sensitive skin. Buffing with this thing would make my dry areas extremely flaky. I with this brush were just a little bit softer!! I have it, so I'll use it, but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is undoubtedly the WORST kabuki I've bought. It sheds like there's no tomorrow, and I'm left looking like I've got black whiskers growing out of my face.
It wasn't so bad when I bought it. But now, after little more than a year, I merely have to run my hand over the brush, and voila, I have some 5-6 bristles stuck to my hand.
I have vowed never to make the mistake of buying this brush ever again! It is an absolute waste of money, and a waste of time when your running late for work, and have a bunch of bristles to pick off your face and neck.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was really happy to stumble across this brush at a CCO. It's very dense and soft, and hasn't shed any hairs since I bought it! I use it to buff in my face powder or to blend harsh edges after I apply blush. I was a little disappointed to see that it was made in China, but otherwise I am very happy with it!

on 2/17/2011 6:20:00 PM

I do like this brush, but i must admit that i dont reach for it often. Received it in a swap, but didnt get the bag that came with it, so for me, it is a bit of a hassle to store. otherwise it is nice and dense and does not shed. Would be great for powder foundation.

I absolutely love this brush! I put off buying it for the longest time due to the ridiculous price, however after owning this brush for over 2 months, it is totally worth every single penny!
I use this brush to apply my HG powder foundation (Clinique Almost Powder) and it blends the powder into my skin beautifully.
The brush comes with its own case so it keeps its shape and keeps it more hygienic too! I've washed it a good few times, it dries nicely and doesn't shed.
The best thing about it is how firm but super soft it is, no more scratchy brushes for me now!

on 12/8/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product can not be beat. Best compact face brush out there. My mom loved it so much that I gave mine to hers and tried the Chanel version... very disappointing! I'm going to take back the Chanel brush and purchase the BB Face brush again! Even though its pricey, its worth it. I had my other one for over 5 years and its still like new.

on 9/8/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I LOVE BB's Face Brush. It is the *softest* brush I have ever used and is absolutely wonderful for applying bronzer for a soft diffused glow. I haven't noticed any shedding or "tangling" like I have with the zillion other brushes I've used previously for applying bronzer. I took off one lippie, solely due to the obnoxious price. Would I repurchase .. yes .. but at $50, this bad boy better last for life! Props to Bobbi for creating such a magnificent brush!

I use and love this brush for dusting on my LM Mineral Finishing Powder, mainly, but I also like using it as a blush brush. It's very soft but not soft enough for buffing, unfortunately. If you need to buff mineral foundation into your face this brush can be scratchy. Still, I love it and think it is better than the Chanel one (they look like twins).

I'm giving it 5 lippies for doing an excellent job at what I bought it to do: DUSTING powder and blush.

UPDATE: This brush has a contender now in the dusting department: the LM skunk. I hardly ever use it now as I also have another blush brush that I love.

The face brush seems to raise the price again. I think the price is a bit too much now.
The bristle is soft and density. However the carry bag is too small, easy to zip the bristle, and easy to change the shape of the brush. I used to wash the brush before first time using. The bristle are very dirty.

Popular Makeup Brushes