Bobbi Brown Blackberry

No Image

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally found a BB lipstick I don't love. The color is fine... vampy / dark... but the color is uneven and leaves my lips looking patchy. I keep going back to this one and, after today, will gift or toss. I'm rather low-maintenance makeup-wise, so this may work fine for those who do more than swipe and smile!

on 2/11/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for the lipstick from Bobbi Brown called Blackberry. (not the Lip Shine that they used to have). The lipstick itself is nice but over priced as is the case with all BB products. The color is what I liked best. It is a deep, deep shade, almost vampy but with a brown berry undertone instead of the purple berry or red of most other similar shades. Also the more sheer/glossy texture of this lipstick kept the shade from sucking life out of your skin. The juicy look of the shade combined with the deep shade allows me to wear this in a way I could not if this were matte or a thicker cream. I am nw20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyes. I can wear very deep shades, but usually they tend to be more berry, red or purple toned. Brown bases are hard for me, but Blackberry, while more brown based & glossy than other similar toned shades I have (MAC Jasper, UD Blackmail, UD Disturbed, MAC Selena Dreaming of You, MAC Dark Side, etc), still falls into that red, brown plum arena that makes it wearable for me. I tried to tell myself I didn't need this, but it gives such a distinctive, sophisticated look, I had to have it. This isn't a shade I would wear every day (maybe in the fall it will get more wear), but I love the impact it has.

One final thought. A shade like MAC Dark Side is perfection for my deep winter complexion. If you are a deep autumn, BB Blackberry would be amazing on you!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The Good: Perfect for creating a blotted out berry stain.

The Bad: Crayon smell?
Also, the color is really dark and dramatic, but something I would wear full on occassionally, except it's absolutely impossible for me to get full, EVEN coverage with this lipstick formula. Bit of a letdown.

I wouldn't repurchase, mainly because with the way I just dab on minimal amounts one tube is bound to last me a lifetime.

on 8/29/2006 2:03:00 AM

I love this color, I have medium-deep african american skin and this is beautiful on me. I love it. The formula is really nice too.

on 7/4/2006 1:22:00 AM

Wow! I expected to find more reviews for this color. This shade was recommended to me a while ago as a great color for African-American women and I totally agree with that opinion. I am an NC 44 or Bobbi Brown Golden and I loved how this shade looks on me. It is a dark berry but can be blotted to form an nice matte stain. It also works well with gloss. It is probably more of a fall color but I am still wearing it in the summer; just with a lighter application. I love the texture of all BB lipsticks. They are pricey but of very good quality. BB continues to be a great makeup line for women of color.

on 5/5/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is a beautiful color and goes on like a dream, the texture and the finish is fabulous. will buy again as soon as I run out

This is my night out lipstick shade, because its really glossy and deep and really dresses up my evening make-up look. In my opinion, Bobbi Brown has one of the best lipstick formula's available from department store brands, but I still wish that Aromaleigh made more colors for people with darker skin, as their lipstick formula is the best I've ever used.

on 4/4/2003 9:21:00 PM

*sigh* It had to happen one day. This is one BB lip color that left me almost totally unsatisfied. The color looks like Clinique's Black Honey in the tube--a slick, shiny black that surely had to be a ripe, berry shade, right? WRONG! My fault too, as I bought this without testing it first. The color actually goes on deep dark, looking much more muddy than plum. It even looked too muddy to be considered "brown." In fact, given the stale smell of the stuff, I felt like a goth chick who had raided her grandma's rotten old burnt umber lipstick. Ugh! Still, I must give Bobbi points for staying power and creamy matteness yet again. I'd rather buy a dud of a BB lipstick than a passable color in a substandard formula. At least I can swap this in good conscience to someone who can make the shade work!