Aveda Mauve Mantra

No Image

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is good lipstick, but the color is too dark and too purple for my skin. My skintone is cool-neutral and 90% of the foundation I buy is called somthing like "medium beige" or "natural beige".

I do like the minty flavor, the creamy texture and the fact that this lipstick lasts pretty well.

If you're buying online beware that it is darker, purple-er, and browner than it looks. I think you'd have to have dark skin to make this lipstick work.

on 10/3/2004 9:41:00 PM

I've been using Mauve Mantra since 1999 (my wedding day, to be exact)Aveda has since changed their packaging and consumers must purchase a lid for the lipstick tube separately. I was a bit irked by this-but love the color so much. After a few months my lipstick has turned very hard-almost impossible to glide onto lips. And it has a peculiar odor. I'm very disappointed. It has to be the new packaging as I've never had trouble before.

on 2/20/2004 2:44:00 PM

One of my signiture lipsticks. Not only the color (brownish mauve) is flattering on MMM skin, it's really moisturizing, necer makes my lips dry. I like the smell too.

on 4/4/2003 5:40:00 PM

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!! I get tons of compliments about it, and I can put any gloss over it and it looks fabulous. It's a lovely medium/light brownish plum with shimmer. Ideal YLBB. UPDATE 11/2006: This is not as nice as it used to be - they must have 'reformulated', as Aveda loves to do.... I now use Aveda lip tints in either Berry or (for a more mauve tone) Verbena.

Popular Lipsticks