Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.6

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It took a little getting used to with the application and needing to wet the brush and making sure that it is flat enough to work across the eye and not too wet that it runs and is watery. But once I found the right balance I quickly became a fan. It's a sorest color for me during the day and when I'm doing a more neutral look. I have fair skin and hazel eyes and it works. It lasts for a long day and is easily removable with eye makeup remover and a cotton ball. I also have a deep blue and black for other occasions.

on 2/9/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very unflattering on my complexion too pale a brown and draws out the sallowness around my eyes, quality wise generally disappointing in general. Takes alot of work to apply and even then the payoff is patchy and chalky don't even think of using this dry you will get zero payoff. I have the emerald green though and it is alot better than this shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this liner along with the flat-headed brush last week and am not thrilled. The line is very sheer and takes a long time to build up. Also, the wet-brush method is kind of a pain. I'm actually not sure how the cake liner is any different from regular eye shadow. Now I'm layering it over a pencil to make sure that the line gets right into the lashes. It works well for that purpose, but it's not much on its own.

I love this eyeliner! i originally got the bleu marine, but it just didn't seem right with my coloring. This color is great though, i can get it dark enough that it's almost a softer black shade without the harshness. Although it does take some practice to apply (i line above the lashline with it) the results are great, and it doesn't dry my lids out the way other liners have. Staying power is decent, but when it does wear off it doesn't smudge at all, just sort of fades, which is definitely preferable. It seems like it will last a really long time, i haven't even made a dent yet, so the price isn't sooo outrageous. And i like the little mirror a lot, since i don't do the tightline thing, it's also a very discreet little compact to check makeup with in public. Overall i am very happy with this product. Thanks to everyone here on MUA, i never would have heard about it without you.

on 11/20/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would make my hazel eyes look greener, but from the day I got this, all it did was make my eyes water the whole time I had it on. My eyes teared and ran all day, and I blamed it on allergies. Switched to gel liner and pencil for a few days, and the tearing of my eyes stopped. Tried using Mahogany liner again, and my eyes watered and ran all day- again! How frustrating and disappointing! I really liked the LM cake liners, until I seemed to have developed some sort of allergy or intolerance to whatever is in them. Guess I have to stick to waterproof pencils or gel liners to tightline from now on.

on 1/16/2005 9:14:00 AM

Wow, I am impressed. I usually buy waterproof liners because of wtery eyes and oily lids, but this product holds up really well! It lasts all day, from 7am through my 8:30 pm workout without running or smudging. Comes off easily too. I don't use a push brush to apply, just a very thin sable-hair watercolor brush. Will repurcahse if I ever run out ( a little goas a long way)!

on 11/18/2004 1:17:00 PM

i am writing the same review for all 4 of laura mercier's cake eyeliners. they are amazing. perfect. DEFINITE holy grail items. i have the oiliest eyelids ever--- no other eyeliner on the planet has stood up to my oily lids. i put this stuff on in the a.m., and at 10:00 at night it's still there, as perfect looking as it was at 7:00 a.m. the eyeliner brush is awesome, too.

on 10/16/2003 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just got this in a swap. I really like it even though it's much lighter than I thought it would be. My eyes barely show on my face without eye makeup, but this gives a nice natural look. Perfect for everyday/office.