Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 12/23/2005 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is pretty amazing. I have never been much for doing eyeliner because it just never looked that good compared to all the trouble of application. And cake eyeliner conjures up old 1950's makeup, complicated and messy, but this is just the opposite. It took the LM MA all of a minute to show me how to use this, took another minute for me to try it myself (she did one eye, I did the other), and I was hooked. It looks different from the usual eyeliner, much more natural but very effective at defining the eye. And it's so easy, I promise! Once it's on, it stays on until you remove it. You do need a flat eyeliner brush to apply this (I am currently using a flat brush from the art store) and it's recommended that you wash the brush after every use (otherwise the liner will dry on it and get, well, cakey). The other thing I love about this is that you can make the color lighter or deeper by varying the amount of water you use. I mix it up on the back of my hand like the MA showed me. Try this, you will love it. UPDATE 4/14/06: I'm using this nearly every day, has become a HG. Love it!

on 9/5/2003 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this eyeliner! I bought the Mahogany shade after I loved the Ebony one so much, and this one has become my daily essential. I now reserve the Ebony one for more formal or evening occasions. The best way for me to apply this liner is with a thin liner brush, and I intersperse it between my upper lashes to get a really full-lash look. It looks so natural, just like I have many more eyelashes than I really do:) This cake liner is especially brilliant for the fact that it wears ALL DAY without smudging or migrating anywhere else, even on my oily lids.