Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

4.1

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It took a little getting used to with the application and needing to wet the brush and making sure that it is flat enough to work across the eye and not too wet that it runs and is watery. But once I found the right balance I quickly became a fan. It's a sorest color for me during the day and when I'm doing a more neutral look. I have fair skin and hazel eyes and it works. It lasts for a long day and is easily removable with eye makeup remover and a cotton ball. I also have a deep blue and black for other occasions.

on 1/17/2016 11:37:00 AM

I'm 57 years old and have become a fan of the tightline method. I had heard such great comments about this cake eyeliner I decided to try it. Prior to that I had been using a dark brown shade of elf gel eyeliner in a little tub. Anyway, I do not like the color of this brown eyeliner. Way too much red for me. I returned it to Sephora.

on 10/10/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Is a very soft brown, but can take some work to build-up the color. Would be great for a fairer individual. Using just to use up, and works on days I want to enhance my eyes without looking like I'm wearing e/l. I prefer a more striking color (black). Between being too soft of a brown and the nature of her cake requiring more fussing than using a powder e/s as a liner, I'm not in love with this. The first few times I used it, it offered a very subtle, flattering lined effect, then perhaps shadow from my brush mingled with the cake and now I have to scrape the top off to get any pigmentation. Powders are easier to use.

PROS: Very natural looking for a cake type (I sometimes use the black for nights.) The color is actually dark enough. Most dark browns are not dark enough for me. And it's not too warm like some brown eyeliners are. (I'm N15, leaning to NC.) It lasts a very long time on the eye and a very long time in the container (I use mine a lot but have had it for years.) Great for tightlining.

CONS: Takes practice to use.

ALTERNATES: LM has a brush for this called "Pointed Eyeliner brush." Very thin line is possible with it. Trish McEvoy has Brush #11 "Precise Eye Lining" that is a stiffer brush for tightlining.

ALTERNATES: Revlon Colorstay or or Almay i-color liquid liner.

on 1/16/2005 9:14:00 AM

Wow, I am impressed. I usually buy waterproof liners because of wtery eyes and oily lids, but this product holds up really well! It lasts all day, from 7am through my 8:30 pm workout without running or smudging. Comes off easily too. I don't use a push brush to apply, just a very thin sable-hair watercolor brush. Will repurcahse if I ever run out ( a little goas a long way)!

on 10/28/2004 9:51:00 AM

Would I buy this again? Wild, frothing animals couldn't block me from it. This e/l is OUTRAGEOUSLY awesome. It doesn't get any better than Laura Mercier cake eyeliner...and Mahogany is a great color. A rich, dark brown that's not as harsh as Ebony. Lasts a long time, so that helps to justify the expense. Also wears like nobody's business. Never flakes, smudges, or melts. Just stays a nice, crisp line. Absolutely nothing will make your eyelashes look more lush than using these liners with LM's flat push brush. If you love eyeliner, Run Forest Run to get this product!

on 6/16/2003 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I gave this a 5/5 for everything. This product will last you a VERY long time. I've probably used it a handful of times and I don't notice any difference such as dips, etc! I love how it comes with a mirror in a small compact--No that you would ever need to touch up though! This lasts all day and can look either very natural or eye popping, depending on how you want it. This is one of my HG of liners! I recommend this to everyone, even if you have oily lids as its silicone based and works like wonders with a push brush and a ilttle bit of water. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first cake eye liner-Its just wonderful! You put it on with a brush and a bit of water inside your upper lashes-by holding up your lid and pressing into the lash line. It looks so natural and awesome! Its very pricey but should last a long long time. Eyes look defined but not "lined." Definitely a must have in everyones makeup bag!