Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.5

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It took a little getting used to with the application and needing to wet the brush and making sure that it is flat enough to work across the eye and not too wet that it runs and is watery. But once I found the right balance I quickly became a fan. It's a sorest color for me during the day and when I'm doing a more neutral look. I have fair skin and hazel eyes and it works. It lasts for a long day and is easily removable with eye makeup remover and a cotton ball. I also have a deep blue and black for other occasions.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this liner along with the flat-headed brush last week and am not thrilled. The line is very sheer and takes a long time to build up. Also, the wet-brush method is kind of a pain. I'm actually not sure how the cake liner is any different from regular eye shadow. Now I'm layering it over a pencil to make sure that the line gets right into the lashes. It works well for that purpose, but it's not much on its own.