Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by skin type : Other
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

To the two previous reviewers: the reason that this eyeliner does NOT show up on your eyes, even after applying layers and layers, is because Laura Mercier recently changed the formula of this cake eyeliner!

It used to be incredible, and now...it is the worst eyeliner on the market.

I even asked the SA at LM and she told me that they did, in fact, change the formula, and she agreed with me that it is awful.

Laura Mercier: Wake up!! This was a fantastic product that is now truly useless.
PLEASE go back to your original formula!

I never knew what it meant to have a Holy Grail eyeliner until I started using this stuff. I was so enamoured of pencil liners that I didn't even want to bother with a cake liner, the hassle of applying it was too much. Then one day at Holt Renfrew the SA sat me down and dotted this along my upper lash line with their flat brush. I didn't think anything of it and didn't buy it that day, but then I kept getting compliments on my eyes. Even my mom said they looked bigger! So eventually I came around to the idea and went out and bought it. It's fairly easy to apply with LM's flat eyeliner brush. I just add a touch of water, make a thick paste (try some on your hand first to make sure it's the right consistency), then dot it very close to your lashline. You can also make a thicker line if you prefer, but the tightline makes your lashes look thicker and your eyes look bigger. I usually wear this with just a neutral wash in the day time, or sometimes no other eye makeup at all. Wait for it to dry before curling lashes and adding mascara, otherwise you'll end up with a mess.

on 9/1/2004 10:31:00 PM

My everyday basic eyeliner. Never smudges. Always looks natural, yet enhances my eyes so much. Even though this is a staple, I will be surprised if I ever run out--there is so much product in the pan. An incredible value.

on 11/4/2003 4:47:00 PM

I tried applying eyeliners a bazillion times and it always looked bad UNTIL I tried this. It doesn't wear off and although it is expensive (as all LM products are) the cake form lasts a looooong time. I've had it for a few months and there isn't so much as a divot. The mahogany brown works really well with my PPP red haired, blue eyed complexion. I wore it on my wedding day and it lasted until I took it off at night :)