Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.9

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 8/20/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product, it works well to create a soft line in the eyelash line for a natural look. I want to continue using it but learned that it contains C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate in the ingredients, a chemical related to Teflon that accumulates and lasts forever in the body and environment. The harm from PFAS chemicals has been downplayed by some, but the EPA states they are known hormone disrupters, associated with cancers, high cholesterol, thyroid issues, early menopause, and so on. It’s especially bad to find in eye makeup since the skin around the eye is thinner and is more absorbant than other parts of the body. I know it’s only a tiny amount, but daily applications over time can build up exposure. Until they reformulate without PFAS, I’m going to retire my tightliner :(

on 2/9/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very unflattering on my complexion too pale a brown and draws out the sallowness around my eyes, quality wise generally disappointing in general. Takes alot of work to apply and even then the payoff is patchy and chalky don't even think of using this dry you will get zero payoff. I have the emerald green though and it is alot better than this shade.

on 11/27/2013 1:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Dry, difficult to use on the go, chalky, and generally underwhelming. I was told my the sales assistant that I wouldn't need the activator - even though I said I would buy it if it was necessary or really improved the product. If this worked well it would be great, I love the packaging and find it is easy to carry around... but try getting a defined eye! very, very difficult in my experience. And I'm using a gorgeous hakuhodo tightlining brush.

HATE this, I heard they changed the formula, I got this a few months ago and I would not recomend this.
The colour itself is very nice and rich brown but the texture is dry and you hardly get any product with your finger or brushes I tried it wet and still no results.
You can't get the product out at all, I had to throw mine away because it was just a real waste of money.
Really disappointed!

on 6/30/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this recently, so my review is for the new formula. The color doesn't show, doesn't last, dry, chalky and hard to apply. Disappointing. Turned out the new formula requires a separate activator to enhance the intensity. Uh ohh. So that's $22 for the cake, another $20 for the Tightline Activator = $42 for an eyeliner. I really don't get it. WHY couldn't LM stick with the old formula so no extra stuff is necessary?

To the two previous reviewers: the reason that this eyeliner does NOT show up on your eyes, even after applying layers and layers, is because Laura Mercier recently changed the formula of this cake eyeliner!

It used to be incredible, and now...it is the worst eyeliner on the market.

I even asked the SA at LM and she told me that they did, in fact, change the formula, and she agreed with me that it is awful.

Laura Mercier: Wake up!! This was a fantastic product that is now truly useless.
PLEASE go back to your original formula!

on 12/17/2008 11:10:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Black Ebony and have been buying it for years because it's so wonderful - so I expected Mahogany to be great too. However -- I threw this product out after trying it two or three times. I have extremely (VERY!!!!) fair skin, and yet the color hardly showed up on my eyes. I put layers and layers, but you could barely see the brown at all. I finally gave up and threw it out! What a waste of money. This was especially disappointing because I am a huge fan of Laura Mercier and have many of her products, but this was just horrible.

on 10/30/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Horrible bronzey color....not dark brown at all. How disappointing. I can't return this fast enough. Obviously, this isn't what it used to be judging by prior reviews. Thumbs down!

on 1/17/2016 11:37:00 AM

I'm 57 years old and have become a fan of the tightline method. I had heard such great comments about this cake eyeliner I decided to try it. Prior to that I had been using a dark brown shade of elf gel eyeliner in a little tub. Anyway, I do not like the color of this brown eyeliner. Way too much red for me. I returned it to Sephora.

on 11/20/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would make my hazel eyes look greener, but from the day I got this, all it did was make my eyes water the whole time I had it on. My eyes teared and ran all day, and I blamed it on allergies. Switched to gel liner and pencil for a few days, and the tearing of my eyes stopped. Tried using Mahogany liner again, and my eyes watered and ran all day- again! How frustrating and disappointing! I really liked the LM cake liners, until I seemed to have developed some sort of allergy or intolerance to whatever is in them. Guess I have to stick to waterproof pencils or gel liners to tightline from now on.