Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 8/28/2015 9:42:00 PM

I have used this on and off for years. The color is beautiful, but it can be a little tricky to use sometimes. If I use too much water, it becomes a smeary mess. If I use too little, it drags and doesn't really show up. I am also concerned about safety since this is used wet, so I make sure to replace it often.

I was looking for something more natural looking. Nothing heavy handed. I had never used a wet the cake eyeliner before. There was a slight learning curve. A decent eyeliner brush helps. You do have to add another drop of water now and then and give that a few seconds to loosen the color up some. I learned to poke the brush up into my lash line from the underside first and then finish on top. Lasts all day with absolutely no flaking or smudging. I would buy again but I have a feeling this cake will last a very long time. Great product for me.

on 1/14/2008 11:38:00 PM

Color is nice good depth and goes on tight and pretty. My favorite eye liner ever.The color and consistency is very nice, but to get the Laura Mercier results, I think their brush is a must. I've tried it with half a dozen other brushes, but none are as good as the Mercier flat eye liner brush.

on 11/20/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought this would make my hazel eyes look greener, but from the day I got this, all it did was make my eyes water the whole time I had it on. My eyes teared and ran all day, and I blamed it on allergies. Switched to gel liner and pencil for a few days, and the tearing of my eyes stopped. Tried using Mahogany liner again, and my eyes watered and ran all day- again! How frustrating and disappointing! I really liked the LM cake liners, until I seemed to have developed some sort of allergy or intolerance to whatever is in them. Guess I have to stick to waterproof pencils or gel liners to tightline from now on.

on 7/7/2006 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The liquid, including cake, eyeliners give me a lot crisper eye definition that lasts without smudging so I am in the process of converting from pencils. I like this darkish brown simple color. My only complaint is the difficulty in getting a perfect line. And it is hard to get the outer corners to match on each eye. I am using the flat LM brush. All in all, I can generally get a good-enough line and am satisfied with it. This product is so simple that it seems like the drugstore brands should be able to knock it off pretty easily. If they did, I would convert for a lower price, but this stuff may never run out. FOLLOW-UP: I have stopped reaching for this. I prefer MAC fluidline in Graphic Brown because it makes a more opaque line.

on 12/23/2005 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is pretty amazing. I have never been much for doing eyeliner because it just never looked that good compared to all the trouble of application. And cake eyeliner conjures up old 1950's makeup, complicated and messy, but this is just the opposite. It took the LM MA all of a minute to show me how to use this, took another minute for me to try it myself (she did one eye, I did the other), and I was hooked. It looks different from the usual eyeliner, much more natural but very effective at defining the eye. And it's so easy, I promise! Once it's on, it stays on until you remove it. You do need a flat eyeliner brush to apply this (I am currently using a flat brush from the art store) and it's recommended that you wash the brush after every use (otherwise the liner will dry on it and get, well, cakey). The other thing I love about this is that you can make the color lighter or deeper by varying the amount of water you use. I mix it up on the back of my hand like the MA showed me. Try this, you will love it. UPDATE 4/14/06: I'm using this nearly every day, has become a HG. Love it!