Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by age: 30-35
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

4.5

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 9/15/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite eyeliner ever and the only one I really use now. Still working on my first pan...this stuff lasts forever! If I ever run out, I'm buying another!

Edited 2/24/15: Still my go-to! I've tried others, but everything else smudges on me. The very dark brown suits me better than black and doesn't budge all day.

To the two previous reviewers: the reason that this eyeliner does NOT show up on your eyes, even after applying layers and layers, is because Laura Mercier recently changed the formula of this cake eyeliner!

It used to be incredible, and now...it is the worst eyeliner on the market.

I even asked the SA at LM and she told me that they did, in fact, change the formula, and she agreed with me that it is awful.

Laura Mercier: Wake up!! This was a fantastic product that is now truly useless.
PLEASE go back to your original formula!

on 5/1/2006 5:30:00 PM

I echo all the positive reviews here. Just want to add that this product is very gentle on the eye. If you use the LM flat brush, you just dab the liner with the wet brush, and there is no tugging, etc. whatsoever. I also like the fact that it is water-based. The liner comes off very easily with soap and water. The mahogany color is a very classic, dark, matte brown that works beautifully as an alternative to black.

on 1/26/2006 12:51:00 PM

I have always been a little hesitant about using any kind of eyeliner other than a pencil but I had a makeover at the Laura Mercier counter and decided to buy it. I have fallen in love with it! I have oily skin so most products end up smearing below my eyes but this stays put all day. I think it is able to define the lash line in a way pencils cannot. I wasn't crazy about the price but I have had it over a year and it is still going strong. I also received the bleu marine shade for Christmas and I love it just as much!

on 1/16/2005 9:14:00 AM

Wow, I am impressed. I usually buy waterproof liners because of wtery eyes and oily lids, but this product holds up really well! It lasts all day, from 7am through my 8:30 pm workout without running or smudging. Comes off easily too. I don't use a push brush to apply, just a very thin sable-hair watercolor brush. Will repurcahse if I ever run out ( a little goas a long way)!

on 11/18/2004 1:17:00 PM

i am writing the same review for all 4 of laura mercier's cake eyeliners. they are amazing. perfect. DEFINITE holy grail items. i have the oiliest eyelids ever--- no other eyeliner on the planet has stood up to my oily lids. i put this stuff on in the a.m., and at 10:00 at night it's still there, as perfect looking as it was at 7:00 a.m. the eyeliner brush is awesome, too.

I actually like this better than my BB Sepia Ink Gel Eyeliner. It wears better (less smudging than the BB) and I like how I can control it better, texture-wise. The BB one is, well, a gel of course, so it can goop up in some spots, but this one is more like a pigmented watercolor. Now I like a smudged look, but I want to be able to control where it smudges, and this worked better for that. The color is better, too, for me. This is a bit lighter, warmer brown- very pretty!

on 7/8/2003 9:51:00 AM

For a novice in cake liners I had some initial difficulties applying this product but practice makes perfect! I only add a small amount of water using a LM eyeliner brush as adding too much water makes the lines too light. It gives a very natural-looking eye definition and lasts forever even on someone with oily lids. I agree this product is expensive but this will last for a very long time. A MUST-HAVE!