Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

Filtered by age: 19-24
Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany BrownTightline Cake Eye Liner in Mahogany Brown

3.7

Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Magnesium Myristate, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina. May Contain (+/-): CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

HATE this, I heard they changed the formula, I got this a few months ago and I would not recomend this.
The colour itself is very nice and rich brown but the texture is dry and you hardly get any product with your finger or brushes I tried it wet and still no results.
You can't get the product out at all, I had to throw mine away because it was just a real waste of money.
Really disappointed!

on 12/17/2008 11:10:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Black Ebony and have been buying it for years because it's so wonderful - so I expected Mahogany to be great too. However -- I threw this product out after trying it two or three times. I have extremely (VERY!!!!) fair skin, and yet the color hardly showed up on my eyes. I put layers and layers, but you could barely see the brown at all. I finally gave up and threw it out! What a waste of money. This was especially disappointing because I am a huge fan of Laura Mercier and have many of her products, but this was just horrible.

I love this eyeliner! i originally got the bleu marine, but it just didn't seem right with my coloring. This color is great though, i can get it dark enough that it's almost a softer black shade without the harshness. Although it does take some practice to apply (i line above the lashline with it) the results are great, and it doesn't dry my lids out the way other liners have. Staying power is decent, but when it does wear off it doesn't smudge at all, just sort of fades, which is definitely preferable. It seems like it will last a really long time, i haven't even made a dent yet, so the price isn't sooo outrageous. And i like the little mirror a lot, since i don't do the tightline thing, it's also a very discreet little compact to check makeup with in public. Overall i am very happy with this product. Thanks to everyone here on MUA, i never would have heard about it without you.

on 12/3/2006 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely eyeliner. I put it on in the morning and it lasts throughout the day into the evening without any need to touch up. Has the staying power of a liquid eyeliner without the harshness. Quite expensive but one palette will last you ages.

on 6/2/2006 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Perfect natural brown liner. It's not as heavy as pencil and just darkens the lash line. You can apply a thicker past for darker color. I'm not giving this a 5 because it does fade somewhat through the day, but still visible.. not unexpected since it rubs off with water and i guess facial oil. But even if it smudges, you dont see a smear so that's good. Also, of course it's not exactly as easy to use as a pencil since you need a damp brush for this. Other than that, this product lasts forever! I can't imagine using this up anytime soon. Good buy.

on 5/9/2006 5:30:00 AM

This is a great eye liner. Easy to apply with an eye liner brush! Lasts all day and nothing to complain about! I would definitely repurchase this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first cake eye liner-Its just wonderful! You put it on with a brush and a bit of water inside your upper lashes-by holding up your lid and pressing into the lash line. It looks so natural and awesome! Its very pricey but should last a long long time. Eyes look defined but not "lined." Definitely a must have in everyones makeup bag!